Cinch Home Services (CHS), which was founded in 1978 as Cross Country Home Services, is one of the longest-standing home warranty companies in the business. Today, Cinch Home Services has an impressive network of over 18,000 service technicians.
Cinch Home Services offer home warranty packages that cover nearly all the appliances and systems in your home. When you choose a home warranty plan from Cinch, you’ll be paying a relatively low amount each month to protect yourself in case of an expensive home replacement or repair.
Using our jump link table of contents to find what you’re most interested in for this review on Choice Home Warranty.
Straightforward plan options
$34.99 – $61.99
Years in Business
Our Review of Cinch Home Services
Total Score: 79.5 / 100 points
We reviewed and scored Cinch Home Services based on six home warranty-specific criteria and gave the company a total score out of 100. The chart below provides an overview of Cinch Home Services’ ratings, and we will dive deeper into each category in the following sections.
We explain our review methodology and what we look for below.
Cinch Pros & Cons
- Affordable monthly plans
- 180-day workmanship gurantee
- 24/7/365 customer support
- Limited plan options
- High service claim fee
- Cancellation fee
Plans and Coverage of Home Cinch Services
Score: 20 / 24 points
Cinch Home Service’s basic home warranty plans cover 12 home appliances and systems, including important items like refrigerators, ovens, washers and dryers, electrical systems, plumbing and air conditioning. This coverage is on par with other home warranty companies.
With only three warranty plans and five optional add-ons available, Cinch Home Services offers a slightly more limited selection of coverage options than its competitors. Cinch also does not offer any coverage for uncommon items like electronics or specific services like roof leak repair.
We go into more detail on Cinch Home Services’s plans and coverage below.
Affordability of Cinch Home Services
Score: 19 / 22.5 points
Cinch Home Services offers some of the most affordable home warranty plans, starting at just $39.99 a month. In comparison, other top home warranty companies typically charge between $50 and $60 per month for similar packages. Cinch Home Services’ add-ons typically cost between $4.50 and $22 a month, which is about average for the industry.
Cinch Home Services charges a service fee between $100 and $150 when it sends a technician to your home to resolve a claim, which is more than what most of its competitors charge. The company also charges a $25 fee if you cancel your plan more than 30 days after your policy begins.
We go into more detail on the cost of Cinch Home Services below.
Home Warranty Resources
- What is a Home Warranty?
- How Much Do Home Warranties Cost?
- Is a Home Warranty Worth It for You?
- Best Home Warranties in 2023
- Do Your Appliances Need Extended Warranties?
Customer Experience of Cinch Home Services
Score: 14.5 / 18.5 points
We like that Cinch Home Services offers a 180-day workmanship guarantee, longer than the industry standard of just 60 days.
You can also see how much your plan will cost before purchasing by putting in your ZIP code on the Cinch Home Services website.
During our research, our reviewer requested a quote from Cinch Home Services. Since that time, the company called and emailed a total of eight times. We considered this to be excessive, and thus Cinch Home Services lost points in this category.
New policyholders must also wait for 30-days before they can file a claim for the first time.
Company Reputation of Cinch Home Services
Score: 11.5 / 17.5 points
Cinch Home Services has 45 years of experience, making it one of the longest-standing companies in the home warranty industry. The company also does not have any consumer rights violations or lawsuits against it, which is a positive.
Cinch Home Services has mediocre employee and customer reviews. The company has a 2.5-star rating on Google, a B rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and a 3.4-star rating on Glassdoor. The customer reviews on the BBB website are dismal — the company has 1.13 stars on over 1,600 customer reviews.
We’ve included some customer reviews of Cinch Home Services from the BBB below.
Claims Process of Cinch Home Services
Score: 9.5 / 12.5 points
Cinch Home Services offers two ways to file a claim, whether online or over the phone. Its hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, so you will always have help available in case of an emergency.
You’ll typically hear back from a company representative within two hours if you file a claim during business hours. If you submit a claim outside of business hours, you’ll still hear back within 24 hours.
Cinch Home Services has an abundance of reported issues from customers concerning backend support. Many customers felt like the company failed to cover repairs they believed should be covered, and others complained that technicians would leave without fully fixing their problem.
We’ve included a step-by-step outline of Cinch Home Services’s claims process below.
Availability of Cinch Home Services
Score: 5 / 5 points
Cinch Home Services is available in 47 states, only excluding Alaska, California, and Hawaii. Because the company covers nearly all of the U.S., it earned a perfect score in availability.
Although Cinch Home Services is available in 47 states, the quality and availability of service will vary depending on where you live. Request a quote on the Cinch Home Services website to see what options are available near you. Or, select one of our top-recommended providers below.
Cinch Home Services Plans and Coverage Options
Cinch Home Services offers three different home warranty plans to choose from. The costs outlined in the chart below are the starting monthly cost for plans with a $150 service claim fee. However, you can lower your deductible to $100 or $125 and pay slightly more for your plan each month.
|Plan||Starting Monthly Cost|
|Complete Home Plan||$49.99|
|Built-in Systems Plan||$39.99|
Complete Home Plan: Cinch’s Complete Home Plan is the company’s most popular plan, offering coverage of nearly all appliances and home systems. This plan is a great option for anyone looking for broad, all-encompassing warranty coverage for their home.
Built-in Systems Plan: The Built-in Systems plan covers HVAC systems, electrical systems, interior gas and plumbing and more. This plan may be a good option if you need help with issues that require a specialized technician to resolve.
Appliances Plan: The Appliance Plan covers nearly all kitchen and laundry appliances. It’s also the cheapest plan, starting at around $34.99 a month. This may be a good option if rather than having new appliances, your appliances are getting old and may need a repair or replacement soon.
|Home System or Appliance||Complete Home||Built-In Systems||Appliances|
|Heating and Cooling|
|Built-in Exhaust, Vent & Attic Fan||✓||✓||X|
|Doorbell & Chimes||✓||✓||X|
|Interior Electrical Lines||✓||✓||X|
|Garage Door Opener||✓||✓||X|
|Plumbing Systems & Accessories|
|Interior Plumbing Lines||✓||✓||X|
|Faucets & Valves||✓||✓||X|
|Whirlpool/ Jetted Tub||✓||✓||X|
|Built-in Food Centers||✓||X||✓|
|Freestanding Ice Makers||✓||X||✓|
|Instant Hot/Cold Water Dispenser||✓||✓||X|
|Homeowners Insurance Deductible Reimbursement||✓||X||X|
|Air Conditioner or Water Filter Credit||✓||✓||✓|
What Optional Add-ons Does Cinch Home Services Offer?
In addition to your standard home warranty package, you can select optional add-ons for extended systems coverage. Add-ons provide optional coverage that adds flexibility and customization options to your home protection plan. Cinch Home Services add-ons are outlined below.
|Pool (heater included)||$22|
|Spa (heater included)||$22|
|Pool With Built-In Spa (heater included)||$22|
|Premier Upgrade Package (includes permits, code upgrades, removal and disposal costs and more)||$12.50|
Does Cinch Home Services Have Any Exclusions?
Nearly all home warranties have some exclusions. Some of Cinch’s general exclusions and limitations include:
- Routine maintenance
- Items covered under other insurances, warranties or guarantees
- Commercial-grade appliances or systems
- Flues, venting, chimneys and exhaust lines
- Damage caused by remodeling or unauthorized repair
- Coverage below the slab or basement floor of your home
- Damage caused by abuse, misuse or neglect
- Damage caused by lightning strikes, power failure or power surges
- Structural or property damage
- Problems caused by mold or mildew
- Removal of hazardous materials
- Electric devices
You can review the company’s full terms here. Keep in mind that exclusions and limitations may vary slightly depending on where you live and which plan you have.
Cinch Home Services Customer Reviews
We read both positive and negative reviews from Cinch Home Services’ customers across several trusted review websites, and selected four that we feel highlight common threads among customers.
Positive Reviews of Cinch Home Services
Happy customers praise Cinch Home Services for its easy signup process and ability to save money on your home system and appliance repairs.
Negative Reviews of Cinch Home Services
Customers that left negative home warranty reviews typically complained about Cinch Home Services not covering their repairs and discrepancies in communication between representatives.
Cinch Home Services vs Other Home Warranty Companies
When deciding which home warranty service is best for you, you should compare pricing, plan options, company reputation and more. Once you get an understanding of each company’s offerings, you can decide which provider is right for your home.
Here’s a quick look at how Cinch Home Services compares to some of the best home warranty companies in the industry.
|Provider||Best For||Monthly Cost||Service Fee||BBB Rating||Years in Business|
|Cinch Home Services||Straightforward plan options||$34.99 – $61.99||$100 – $150||B||45|
|American Home Shield||First-time Homeowners||$49.99 – $99.99+||$75.00 – $125.00||B||51|
|Liberty Home Guard||Most Customizable||$49.99 – $69.99+||$65.00 – $125.00||A+||5|
|Choice Home Warranty||Value||$46.83 -$54.75||$85.00||D+||13|
|Select Home Warranty||Most Affordable Service Fee||$60.42 – $63.75+||$60.00 – $75.00||B-||10|
|AFC Home Club||Most Added Benefits||$30.00 – $50.00+||$75.00 – $125.00||B||13|
|2-10 Home Warranty||Kitchen Appliances||$17.00 – $60.00+||$65 – $100||B||39|
How to File a Claim With Cinch Home Services
You can file a claim with Cinch Home Service either over the phone or online:
FAQs About Cinch Home Services
How can I cancel my Cinch Home warranty?
You can receive a full refund if you cancel within 30 days of your contract start date. After that, you will be charged a $25 cancellation fee. To cancel your Cinch Home Warranty plan, you can call the customer service line at (844) 324-5688.
Does Cinch Home Services offer a service guarantee?
Yes, Cinch Home Services offers a 180-day workmanship guarantee, longer than the industry standard of 60 days.
Does Cinch Home Services have 24/7 availability?
Yes, you can call the Cinch Home Services customer service team to place a service request 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Is Cinch Home Services cheaper than other home warranty companies?
Cinch Home Services has slightly lower monthly rates than comparable home warranty companies, but Cinch’s service fee is also slightly higher, with a deductible of $100 to $150 depending on your plan.
Does Cinch Home Services cover pre-existing conditions?
Cinch Home Services covers unknown pre-existing conditions. So if a home system or appliance has a problem that you didn’t know about before purchasing your home warranty policy, Cinch will still cover a repair or replacement.
Does Cinch Home Services cover damage from rust?
Yes, Cinch Home Services covers damage caused by rust and corrosion.
Where is Cinch Home Services headquartered?
Cinch Home Services is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
How We Evaluated Cinch Home Services Against Our Review Criteria
To help consumers like you choose the best home warranty companies for your home, we dive deep into every top-rated home warranty company and rate them based on six factors. Once we research a company and have gathered all our data, we use the following scoring system to grade each home warranty company on a 100-point scale. We then convert the score to a 5-star rating.
- Plans + Coverage (24 Possible Points): Since every customer has different needs and a different budget, we award more points to providers that offer more plans and greater flexibility. Cinch Home Services did not earn full points in this category since it only offers three plans and five optional add-ons, slightly fewer than its competitors.
- Affordability (22.5 Possible Points): Affordability is an important factor because many homeowners choose home warranties to avoid high payments for home appliance repairs. We evaluate each company based on the cost of its plans and additional services, service call fees and cancellation terms. While Cinch Home Services offers reasonably priced plans, its service fee is higher than other competitors. It also charges a $25 cancellation fee if customers cancel more than 30 days after the start of their contract.
- Customer Experience (18.5 Possible Points): Your experience as a customer is important, including the support you receive when contacting your home warranty provider. We gauge overall support by looking at customer reviews, conducting homeowner surveys and analyzing the quotes process. Cinch Home Services offers a 180-day workmanship guarantee, but also has a 30-day waiting period for new policyholders. Cinch also called and emailed our reviewer eight times after requesting a quote, which we believe is excessive.
- Company Reputation (17.5 Possible Points): A company’s reputation is a combination of reviews from customers and reputable organizations like the BBB. We also take into account the years of experience a company has, how satisfied its employees are and any past or pending lawsuits. Cinch Home Services does not have any lawsuits or customer rights violations, but poor online reviews lowered its overall rating in this category.
- Claims Process (12.5 Possible Points): In this category, we look at the overall claims process, including how easy it is to file a claim and a company’s response time. Although Cinch Home Services has 24/7 availability and quick response times, some customers complained about a lack of communication and support when they needed a repair.
- Availability (5 Possible Points): Availability refers to how many states and locations a company serves. Cinch Home Services is available in 47 U.S. states, so it earned a perfect score in this category.
Reviews of Other Home Warranties