When temperatures reach a blistering 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more, the last thing you want is to be stuck inside without air conditioning. With one of the best home warranty companies, you can rest assured that if one of your major household systems or appliances fails, your system will be back up and running in no time.
What Are the Best Home Warranty Companies in Arizona?
Our home experts have researched and selected Arizona’s best home warranty companies based on how each company stacks up against our review standards. These companies are:
Compare the Best Home Warranty Companies in Arizona
The table below outlines data for the best home warranty companies on the market, including the best ones in Arizona. We constantly update these ratings and as these companies change their policies and prices to give you the most accurate information possible. Continue reading in-depth reviews of several top providers.
49 states, excluding WA
47 states, excluding NV, WA, and WI
47 states, excluding NV, WA, and WI
49 states, excluding HI
48 states, excluding AK and HI
42 states, excluding AK, HI, MT, NH, ND, OK, SD, and WY
34 states, excluding AK, CT, DE, HI, IL, LA, ME, MA, MN, NH, NJ, NY, ND, RI, VT, and WI
Quote and cost data gathered January 2023. Cost data are updated and monitored continuously.
Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard is a leading provider of home warranty services and is known for excellent customer service and dozens of add-on options. With comprehensive home protection plans and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Liberty is easily a top choice for Arizona home warranties.
Liberty Home Guard should be at the top of your list if you want the most comprehensive and customizable home warranty protection. With more than 34 add-on items — including your swimming pool, sump pump, ice machine, hot water dispenser, and more — this home warranty offers a wide range of protection.
Liberty Home Guard also offers coverage for luxury appliances, such as your kitchen appliances, washer, and dryer. If you’re like many Arizona homeowners and regularly have pests invading your home, you can take advantage of pest control services.
Liberty Home Guard has three plan options that cover either your appliances, systems, or both. Arizonans can benefit from any of these plans, but if you want coverage for your air conditioner for hot summer days, consider the Systems Guard and Total Home Guard plans:
- Appliance Guard (starting at $49.99 per month): Perfect for Arizona homeowners who want systems coverage, this warranty plan covers your clothes dryer, refrigerator, built-in microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, range/oven/cooktop, ceiling fans, exhaust fans, and garage door openers.
- Systems Guard (starting at $54.99 per month): Coverage in this systems-only plan includes heating, ductwork, plumbing, electrical, and water heaters.
- Total Home Guard (starting at $59.99 per month): Choose this plan if you want complete coverage for your Arizona home. This plan includes everything in the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard plans.
Liberty Home Guard has more than 34 add-on items, including luxury appliances and professional-grade equipment. Liberty is also one of the few providers that offer home services such as pest control and window cleaning. So if you want to have your home well taken care of, opt in for this additional coverage.
Liberty Home Guard covers your household systems and appliances as long as the failure is due to normal wear and tear. A coverage limit of $2,000 applies to each item covered under warranty, but limits of between $250 and $500 per policy period apply to additional items.
Select Home Warranty
When it comes to value, Select Home Warranty easily sets itself apart from the rest. This home warranty company has affordable monthly premiums, low service call fees, and 24/7 availability for Arizona homeowners.
With a home warranty from Select, you won’t have to worry about finding a service provider who can come to your home immediately if your air conditioner breaks down. Select will send a skilled technician to your home within 24 to 48 hours of your request, so your system will be back up and running in no time.
Not only can you sign up for a home warranty with Select for as little as $2 per day, but Select also offers low service call fees of just $65 to $75 per visit. With most home warranty providers, service fees are $100 or more. So with Select, you’ll pay much less if something goes wrong.
Select Home Warranty offers three plans that come with free limited roof leak coverage. These plans cover your systems, appliances, or both:
- Gold Care (starting at $60.42 per month): Ideal for Arizonans who want their major systems covered, this plan includes air conditioning, heating system, plumbing system, electrical system, water heater, and ductwork.
- Bronze Care (starting at $60.42 per month): If you have newer HVAC, then opt for this plan that covers your clothes washer and dryer, garbage disposal, refrigerator, stove/oven, built-in microwave, cooktop, and dishwasher.
- Platinum Care (starting at $63.75 per month): If you want all home appliances and systems covered, the Platinum plan is for you. It includes all the systems and appliances in the Gold Care and Bronze Care plans.
Select Home Warranty has some of the most affordable add-on coverage at just $3.33 to $8.33 per month. These nine items can easily be added to your plan to cover your poor, spa, and more.
Select Home Warranty coverage caps range from $400 to $3,000 per item, with higher coverage reserved for your HVAC. Select only covers repair costs when the defect is due to normal wear and tear, not human error or negligence.
American Home Shield
American Home Shield (AHS) is a leading provider of home warranties and offers some of the most comprehensive coverage options, along with some of the highest coverage caps around.
With more than 50 years of experience as a home warranty provider, American Home Shield is a great choice for any Arizona home. This warranty provider offers comprehensive plans with the highest coverage amounts.You’ll receive warranty coverage up to $5,000 for home systems — such as your air conditioners and electrical systems — included in your plan. Depending on your plan, you’ll receive either $2,000 per home appliance or $4,000, which is well above what most home warranty providers offer.
Home warranty coverage from American Home Shield will cover your home systems or all home appliances.
You can add up to 11 items to your plan, including limited roof leak coverage, pool protection, and guest house coverage. All AHS’s add-on items are less than $25 per month, so these items can be built into any budget.
American Home Shield has coverage up to $5,000 for your home systems, such as your air conditioner and plumbing systems. For your home appliances, you’ll get $2,000 for appliances under the ShieldGold plan and $4,000 under the ShieldPlatinum plan. AHS covers failures due to normal wear and tear.
Choice Home Warranty
Choice Home Warranty has successfully handled over 5 million claims and is a leader in affordable warranty coverage plans and quick response times. From Phoenix to Tucson, Arizona homeowners cannot go wrong with Choice Home Warranty.
Choice Home Warranty has a high $3,000 coverage amount that ensures all home repairs will be paid for if they break. In addition, Choice has a fast response time and will send someone to your home within 24 to 48 hours of reporting the damage.
You can still get coverage if you purchase a home warranty and soon discover something is wrong with your major home systems. So if you have older systems and appliances or are buying a new home, it pays to take out a home warranty with Choice.
Choice Home Warranty has two plan options that cover your home appliances and systems. You only get air conditioning coverage if you choose the Total Plan, which with hot Arizona temperatures, is worth the extra 30 cents per day.
- Basic Plan (starting at $46.84 per month): This basic plan includes nearly everything Arizona homeowners need to cover in their homes. Covered items include your heating system, electrical system, plumbing system, plumbing stoppage, water heater, Whirlpool bathtub, oven/cooktop, dishwasher, built-in microwave, garbage disposal, ductwork, garage door opener, and ceiling/exhaust fans.
- Total Plan (starting at $54.75 per month): If you want the most comprehensive coverage possible, this is your plan. This plan includes the systems and appliances in the Basic Plan with the addition of your clothes dryer, clothes washer, refrigerator and air conditioning system.
If you need additional coverage for your home systems, you can purchase these at an extra monthly cost. These add-ons include roof leak repairs, well pump, central vacuum, stand-alone freezer, and more.
Because this warranty only covers breakdowns due to normal wear and tear, Choice Home Warranty won’t cover damage traditionally covered by your homeowners insurance or manufacturer’s warranty.
AFC Home Club
America’s First Choice (AFC) Home Club is a great all-around home warranty company for Arizona homeowners. Its warranty plans cover every appliance and system you’ll need to stay cool in the hot summers, including your air conditioning and in-ground pools.
AFC Home Club is one of the few home warranty providers offering four plans for homeowners or home buyers. Most home warranty providers have a 30-day workmanship guarantee. But with AFC Home Club, the workmanship guarantee is good for the life of your warranty.
Along with its generous coverage amounts and quick service, AFC also has several additional benefits included with its home warranty service, including:
- Cove Smart Home Security discount
- Discounted deductible and monthly cost of home and auto insurance
- Free utility concierge service
- Discounts on Encompass home parts and goods
- Discounted emergency, pet, dental, and vision insurance
- Discounted whole life insurance, cyber ID protection and accidental death insurance
- DealCash discounts
Whereas most home warranty companies have just two or three plans, AFC Home Club has four for Arizona residents. Each plan has excellent coverage, and Arizonans can easily customize these plans to fit their needs.
- Silver (starting at $30 per month): This plan is for major appliances only, so you may need to add your air conditioner. It covers your washer, dryer, oven/cooktop, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and garage door opener.
- Systems (starting at $38 per month): If you have newer appliances and want only your home systems covered, choose this plan that includes air conditioning, heating, electrical, plumbing, ductwork, and water heaters.
- Gold (starting at $45 per month): This plan includes excellent coverage for all items included in the Silver and Systems plans.
- Platinum (starting at $50 per month): This plan covers everything in the Gold plan, plus plumbing stoppages, faucets, ice maker, built-in microwave, attic fans, ceiling fans, and exhaust fans.
If you need more coverage, AFC offers more than a dozen items as add-ons. You can add on things such as your sump pump, septic system, in-ground pool, and more for a low cost.
AFC Home Club will pay the cost of repairing defects due to normal wear and tear up to $2,000 for each household appliance and up to $500 for each accessory appliance. For each term, your plan is limited to $10,000.
So, What Is the Best Home Warranty for Your Arizona Home?
In Arizona, the best home warranty providers offer excellent coverage for your air conditioners and appliances, as well as optional coverage for your swimming pool and hot tub. If the home warranty provider offers pest control services like Liberty Home Guard, then that provider is also a good option for your home warranty plan.
If you want the most comprehensive coverage and the highest coverage caps to ensure that you won’t have to pay anything in the event of a system failure, then warranty companies like American Home Shield and Choice Home Warranty should be at the top of your list. However, if you want customization and additional benefits, Liberty Home Guard and AFC Home Club may be better choices.
FAQs about the Best Home Warranties in Arizona
Do you need a home warranty in Arizona?
Not every homeowner needs a home warranty, but everyone can benefit from one. A home warranty can be worthwhile in Arizona if you don’t have an emergency fund or have older home systems and appliances.
What is the average cost of a home warranty in Arizona?
Home warranty cost varies depending on the provider, but the national average cost of a home warranty is about $50 per month. Most home warranties cost between $45 and $65 per month.
What is covered in a home warranty in Arizona?
Home warranties cover major household appliances and systems, such as the refrigerator, washing machine, air conditioner and heater. In Arizona, you can purchase a system warranty, an appliance warranty, or a combination warranty that covers both. You can purchase add-ons if you need more coverage, such as for your swimming pool or water heater.
Methodology: How We Evaluated Arizona's Home Warranty Companies
At Today’s Homeowner, we strive to bring you the most transparent, accurate information for your home improvement projects. Our home warranty company ratings emphasize what matters most to you — whether you’re looking for low-cost coverage, a hassle-free repair process, 24/7 assistance, or all of the above.
Our ratings are based on publicly available information about each company, secret shopping online and over the phone, customer-review analysis, and discussions with real estate professionals and repair contractors. A company can earn a maximum of 100 points across six categories converted to a five-star scale. We researched more than 60 home warranty providers to develop the following formula:
- Plans and Coverage (24 points): A home warranty provider can earn the maximum point value in this category if it offers multiple robust plans that cover all basic systems and appliances and optional add-on coverage. We give bonus points to companies that cover uncommon items, such as electronics and roof leaks.
- Affordability (22.5 points): When evaluating costs, we not only consider monthly plan prices, but we also take into account the cost of add-on coverage, service fees, and whether companies offer free cancellation periods or money-back guarantees. If a provider allows potential customers to view sample contracts before getting a quote, that transparency earns more points in this category.
- Customer Experience (18.5 points): A home warranty company must give its customers ample support when they experience issues. We gauge overall support by looking at customer reviews and conducting homeowner surveys. We also go through the quotes process with each company and take meticulous notes about the friendliness of salespeople, how detailed each quote is, and how often the provider contacts us after giving a quote.
- Company Reputation (17.5 points): In this category, we look at a combination of customer reviews and reputable organizations such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB). We also consider the years of company experience, how satisfied its employees are, and whether it has been hit with any consumer rights violations or lawsuits.
- Claims Process (12.5 points): We score providers highly when they offer short response times, multiple ways to file claims, and around-the-clock availability. Companies can earn bonus points if they have a good reputation for quick and easy claims processing.
- Availability (5 points): Providers that serve more areas can have experience dealing with a wider range of homeowner headaches. A company earns the maximum points in this category if it offers services in most U.S. states.
We monitor company data on an ongoing basis to keep rankings and information up to date.