Wyoming is a place that offers homeowners some tremendous benefits. Living in Wyoming means that you will have access to lots of land and open space, affordable housing, outdoor activities, and access to Yellowstone National Park. Wyoming offers some unique living situations, but just like any other state, there are issues with home systems and appliances that will come up for Wyoming homeowners.
Wyoming homeowners experience a wide range of climate-related issues throughout the course of a year. Between snow, rain, and heat, your appliances and systems will undergo normal wear and tear faster. In our guide featuring the best home warranty companies, we will show you how to choose a Wyoming home warranty, which Wyoming home warranty companies are the best, and why a home warranty is so important.
Wyoming Top 4 Home Warranty Companies
Compare the Best Home Warranty Companies Wyoming
The table below outlines data for the best home warranty companies on the market. We constantly update these ratings as companies change their policies and prices to give you the most accurate information possible. Continue reading in-depth reviews of several top providers.
49 states, excluding WA
47 states, excluding NV, WA, and WI
47 states, excluding NV, WA, and WI
49 states, excluding HI
48 states, excluding AK and HI
42 states, excluding AK, HI, MT, NH, ND, OK, SD, and WY
34 states, excluding AK, CT, DE, HI, IL, LA, ME, MA, MN, NH, NJ, NY, ND, RI, VT, and WI
Quote and cost data gathered January 2023. Cost data are updated and monitored continuously.
Choice Home Warranty
Choice Home Warranty is the best overall home warranty in Wyoming. Choice Home Warranty is not a new plan as it has more than 13 years of experience in the industry. One thing that helps Choice stand out as the best overall home warranty for Wyoming residents is the simplicity of the plan choices. With Choice Home Warranty, you will know exactly what is covered under your plan and how to ensure that your home warranty will always help you cover the costs associated with a repair.
- Our Take: Best Overall
- Average Annual Cost: [$550] – [$650]
- Response Time: Up to 48 hours
There are only two Choice Home Warranty plans to choose from. The Basic Plan and the Total Plan both have a variety of coverages, including both systems and appliances. The Total Plan tends to be the more popular selection for Wyoming residents because of the number of covered items that it offers. There are also several add-on coverages for those that are interested. The service fee from Choice Home Warranty is $85.
Here’s a detailed look at Choice Home Warranty’s coverage:
- Basic Plan ($42 per month): The Basic Plan from Choice Home Warranty covers 13 items, including plumbing system, ceiling fans, garbage disposal, heating system, cooktop exhaust fans, microwave, dishwasher, ductwork, electrical system, garage door opener, oven, toilet, and water heater. For homeowners worried about a mix of home appliances and home systems, this is a great plan to consider.
- Total Plan ($53.33 per month): The Total Plan from Choice Home Warranty is the more comprehensive plan and covers all 13 items in the Basic Plan, plus an additional four items. The Total Plan includes the clothes washer, dryer, refrigerator, and air conditioner coverage. The washer, dryer, and refrigerator are all really important features to have included in a Wyoming home warranty.
Choice Home Warranty has several add-on coverages that you can attach to either of its plans.
- Roof leak coverage (single-family homes only)
- Central Vacuum
- Septic Tank
- Well Pump
- Spa (Can be combined with pool coverage if the equipment is shared)
- Sump Pump (must be permanently installed)
- Stand Alone Freezer
Select Home Warranty
Select Home Warranty is the most cost-effective option for Wyoming homeowners. With Select Home Warranty pricing, you will have a much easier time choosing a home warranty policy. Select offers free roof leak coverage with each of its home warranty policies. Select has been on the market for close to ten years, and it has continually remained one of the best home warranties around.
- Our Take: Most Cost-Effective
- Average Annual Cost: [$579] – [$650]
- Response Time: Up to 48 hours
There are three Select Home Warranty plans, but the Platinum Care plan is the most cost-effective option. With Platinum Care, you get all the coverage of the Gold and Bronze care plan combined for just a few dollars more. The Select Home Warranty plans are considered some of the most affordable choices in the state of Wyoming. For those with a central vacuum or a lawn sprinkler system, the Select Home Warranty offers good add-on coverage options as well. The service fee from Select Home Warranty is $65, one of the lowest on the market.
Here’s a detailed look at Select Home Warranty’s coverage:
- Bronze Care ($52 per month): The Bronze Care plan is an appliance-only home warranty plan. This plan covers seven major appliances, including a refrigerator, built-in microwave, clothes washer and dryer, oven, garbage disposal, and cooktop. Although the coverage here is limited, workmanship is good, and coverage caps have increased through the years.
- Gold Care ($52 per month): The Gold Care plan is a system-only plan from Select Home Warranty. There is coverage for six systems; plumbing, air conditioning, heating, water heaters, electrical systems, and ductwork.
- Platinum Care ($58 per month): The Platinum Care plan will include all of the appliances under the Bronze Care plan and all of the systems under the Gold Care Plan. The Platinum Care plan offers homeowners much more home protection for just a few dollars more per month.
Select Home Warranty has several add-on coverages that you can attach to either of its plans; roof leak coverage is included without having to pay extra.
- Central vacuums (Does not include clogged pipes)
- Lawn sprinkler systems
- Pools (Can combine with spa coverage if the equipment is shared)
- Stand-alone freezers
- Sump pump (must be within the foundation of the home)
- Well pump
American Home Shield
American Home Shield is the most customizable plan in the home warranty industry. The American Home Shield plan has been on the market for more than 50 years. With this kind of experience and expertise, AHS has earned the title of the premium home warranty company. The American Home Shield plan allows you to customize your coverage entirely and even customize the pricing that you pay for your service fee.
- Our Take: Best Customizable Plans
- Average Annual Cost: [$479] – [$779]
- Response Time: Up to 48 hours
There are three American Home Shield plans to choose from. The system’s only plan is for those trying to save a bit of money on their home warranty coverage. However, the Golf and Platinum Combo plan tend to be the most popular coverage. The American Home Shield warranty also has excellent add-on coverage options for those that want to include their pool, spa, or even the septic pump. American Home Shield has a service call fee that will range from $75 to $125 and is fully customizable.
Some of the add-on coverage that you can get with American Home Shield include:
- Electronic extended warranty
- Pool and spas
- Well pump
- Septic pump
- Guest unit
- PC and TV
Here’s a detailed look at American Home Shield’s coverage:
- ShieldSilver™ ($39.99 per month): The ShieldSilver plan from American Home Shield covers 14 home systems, including air conditioning, electrical system, smoke alarms, water heater, central vacuums, doorbells, garage door opener, heating system, garbage disposals, ceiling fans, instant hot/cold water dispenser plumbing, and ductwork.
- ShieldGold™ ($49.99 per month): ShieldGold is the combo plan covering both systems and appliances. There are 23 home systems and appliances on this plan. The ShieldGold plan has additional coverages, including a clothes washer, dishwasher, clothes dryer, microwave, oven, and refrigerator. Although the ShieldGold is a bit more money per month, it has a combination of major systems and appliances.
- ShieldPlatinum™ ($64.99 per month): The ShieldPlatinum plan includes 27 systems and appliances. Pricing for ShieldPlatinum is slightly higher, but it is one of the more premium home warranty plan choices in the state of WY. Some of the coverage caps on the ShieldPlatinum plan can get relatively high, more than $4000.
American Home Shield also offers several add-on coverages for homeowners to consider.
- Septic system (first-year customers only, nonrenewable)
- TV (includes home theater system)
- Well pump coverage
Cinch Home Services
Cinch Home Services Plan has the best workmanship guarantee for the Wyoming homeowner. The Cinch Home Services Plan comes with a 180-day workmanship guarantee, and that is one of the longest in the industry. The workmanship guarantee ensures that even after a repair is done in the home, the Cinch Home Services company will come and repair the same issue again, free of charge. Cinch Home Services has been a home warranty policy in Wyoming for more than 40 years.
- Our Take: Best Workmanship Guarantee
- Average Annual Cost: [$612] – [$815]
- Response Time: Up to 48 hours
The Cinch Home Services plans are set up the same way that Select Home Warranty has its plans set up. You will find an appliance plan, a systems plan, and a combination plan. In addition, the Cinch Home Services plan has a strong list of additional coverages to ensure that the policy fits the needs of your Wyoming home. The service fee is customizable and will range from $75 to $150, these are going to be slightly higher than other providers, but they come with that 180-day workmanship guarantee.
- Appliances Plan ($44.99 per month): The Appliances Plan from Cinch Home Service includes the cooktop exhaust fan, dishwasher, dryer, food center, free-standing ice maker, microwave, oven, refrigerator, refrigerator ice maker, trash compactor, and washer. For an appliance-only plan, there are very few exclusions, and this is an excellent option for the first-time homebuyer.
- Built-In Systems Plan ($51.99 per month): The Built-In Systems Plan from Cinch Home Services covers air conditioner, smoke alarm, attic fans, bath exhaust fans, ceiling fans, disposal, doorbell, ductwork, electrical, garage door, heating system, plumbing, plumbing stoppages, septic tank pumping, spa, sump pump, toilet, vacuum, water dispenser, water heater, and whole house fan. Even though this plan does not cover the appliances, it still has very comprehensive coverage of the systems.
- Complete Home Plan ($61.99 per month): For just a few dollars more, Cinch Home Services offers one of the most extensive coverage plans for homeowners in Wyoming. The Complete Home Plan includes everything that you find in the Appliances Plan, combined with everything in the Built-In Systems Plan.
Cinch Home Services is a bit limited in its add-on coverage. Here are the three optional add-on coverages for homeowners to choose.
- Well pump
Home Warranties in Wyoming Cities
How Much Does a Home Warranty in Wyoming Cost?
The average cost of a Wyoming home warranty is $699 a year. At Today’s Homeowner, we have done some in-depth research into all the plan choices and their options to determine this number. For those that are new to the home warranty industry, having an idea of the averages can help ensure that you get a great deal on your home warranty service contract. The size of your home, the deductible you choose, and the overall coverage in your home warranty plan will impact the total cost.
|Home Over 5,000 sq ft||$1,294.73|
|Home Under 10,000 sq ft||$787.93|
At this point, you should feel ready to choose a Wyoming home warranty. The most important part of this is to get your policy started before your next system or appliance goes down. Choice Home Warranty stands out as the best overall option for Wyoming homeowners. The industry’s fair pricing, straightforward plan choices, and history make Choice a safe and reliable option for a home warranty. It makes sense to get a few quotes from various companies to ensure that the plan you end up with is the best value. Whether you have lived in your home for five years or fifty years, don’t hesitate to get a new Wyoming home warranty in place.
How to Choose the Best Home Warranty in Wyoming
Now that the top four home warranty plans for Wyoming residents have been narrowed down, let’s take a look at how you can choose just one plan. There are a few key factors that will help you separate these plans and choose the one that is built for your needs. Three of these factors are coverage options, service fees, and customer reviews.
- Coverage Options: The coverage options that a home warranty offers need to match the appliance and systems in your home. Coverage options for some companies are much broader than they are for others. Make a list of all of the items in your Wyoming home that you would like coverage for, and then find the company that most closely matches these.
- Service Fee: The service fee for a home warranty plan is the price you pay each time you need a repair. A service fee will range in price from $60 to $150. The higher the service fee, the more you must budget each time you need a home warranty repair completed.
- Customer Reviews: Wyoming home warranty customers tend to leave reviews when they have an experience both positive and negative with their home warranty provider. Ensure that you read some of these reviews to see how a company handles claims, customer service issues, and more.
As beautiful as Wyoming is to live in, there are some climate and weather-related issues that will impact the way your home functions. Understanding how a home warranty plan can repair or replace certain systems and appliances will help you see the value that a home warranty offers.
- Electrical System Outages: The electrical system in your home keeps all other home systems and appliances up and running. When your electrical system goes down, you will need a home repair technician to come out and inspect the issue and then offer a fix. Sometimes these inspection costs will be well over the service fee cost associated with a home warranty policy.
- Heating System Repairs: The heating system in a home needs to be repaired as quickly as possible during the Wyoming winter months. With a home warranty in place, you will be guaranteed service within a certain window of time.
- Washer and Dryer Repairs: A washer and dryer are essential appliances that are often purchased simultaneously. This means they may start to experience issues simultaneously and cost you quite a bit of out-of-pocket repair and replacement expenses. Luckily the Wyoming home warranty will step in and cover this for you.
What is a Home Warranty?
A home warranty is a protection plan for your home systems and appliances. Whether you are trying to protect your HVAC or simply need to ensure your stove does not go down without a way to repair it, the home warranty can be a great solution. A home warranty will typically cover home systems, home appliances, and then some add-on coverages. Home warranty plans are optional, and they protect against normal wear in your Wyoming home for the systems and appliances that you use almost every day.
Home Warranty vs. Homeowners Insurance
Homeowners insurance and a home warranty are two different things. For those that own real estate, a homeowners insurance plan is often mandatory and will cover things like fires and natural disasters. These plans are very important to have in place, but they will not necessarily protect you when your microwave breaks down. The home warranty helps to protect the most important features of the home, the systems, and the appliances that you use daily.
How Does a Home Warranty in Wyoming Work?
The home warranty process has gotten considerably easier through the years. Homeowners are able to get a home warranty plan to work for their needs and then simply file claims for service in a matter of a few minutes. Here is how a Wyoming home warranty works.
- Read reviews, check BBB ratings and pick a home warranty policy that works for your needs
- Wait the 10-30 days before the home warranty will go into full effect; cancellation during this time period is typically free of charge
- If you experience an issue with a home system or appliance, check your policy documents to ensure that you have coverage for this time
- Use the online portal system, a phone call, or a live chat to let a representative know about your home warranty-related issue
- Pay the service call so that a representative can come to your home and inspect the issue
- Most of the time, the wait for an inspection is 24 to 48 hours
- Once the issue is inspected, options for repair or replacement costs will be presented to homeowners; if the appliance or system can’t be repaired, the home warranty plan will offer replacement options
- Repairs typically happen in a 24-48 hour period; sometimes, with ordering a part; you may experience a longer wait time
- If any issues occur within the free reservice period, simply let the home warranty provider know, and they will come back and repair the issue free of charge; most plans offer at least a 30-day workmanship guarantee
What does a Home Warranty Cover?
When you choose a home warranty plan, whether it is with Liberty Home Guard, First American Home Warranty, or Choice Home Warranty there are typically three areas of coverage that the plan will cover; these include systems, appliances, and add-on coverages.
The home systems covered under a home warranty include things like electrical systems, HVAC, and heating systems. Home systems are expensive to replace, and it helps to have the home warranty coverage in place. In addition, the home warranty can also cover appliances for the kitchen and laundry room appliances in your home.
The add-on coverages include things like sprinkler systems, pest control, and swimming pools. These are extra coverages that are not mandatory, and you can choose ones that work for your needs and your budget. Most will start at around $5 per month. The home warranty plan will only cover normal wear and is not designed to help with pre-existing conditions or cosmetic issues.
What is Not Covered by a Home Warranty?
Home warranty plans will cover normal wear only. Just because you have a home warranty in place does not mean you can start neglecting your home systems and appliances. Pay close attention to regular maintenance and upkeep so that you will never experience an issue with a claim denial.
The most common exclusions from a home warranty plan are:
- Cosmetic issues
- Pre-existing conditions
- Natural disasters
- Lack of maintenance and upkeep
- Intentional breakage
- Misuse of a system or appliance
Biggest Complaints about Home Warranty Companies in Wyoming
Most homeowners find that a home warranty plan is beneficial and saves them hundreds if not thousands of dollars per year. However, there are also some issues that come up that cause some negative reviews of these home warranty companies in Wyoming.
- Failed Repair: sometimes, home warranty repairs fail. A failed repair is frustrating, but it does happen from time to time. Look for a home warranty plan with a long workmanship guarantee, and the failed repairs will not cause you any additional out-of-pocket expenses.
- Claim Denial: home warranty claims are sometimes denied. Take a look at a company’s approval ratings before you invest, and you will see how important the claim denial rate is. Choose a plan that will continually pay out when you have an issue with your system or appliance.
- Coverage Limits: a home warranty plan has coverage limits. These limits range from $500 per appliance or system up to $4000 or more. Sometimes if your repair or replacement exceeds the coverage limits, you will end up having to pay out of pocket. Pay attention to the limits before investing in your home warranty plan.
Are home warranties worth it?
Home warranty plans are worth it for Wyoming residents because of the amount of money that can be saved. Homeowners will realize quickly that having a home warranty in place will not only save you time and a significant headache, but it can save you hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars.
When an issue comes up with something like your HVAC or plumbing system, a contractor will need to come to the house to inspect the issue. This can cost $100 or more just for the inspection. The repair may then cost $400 or more. With a home warranty in place, you should only be responsible for the service fee. Service fees are typically priced around $75 to $100.
Once the service fee is paid, there should be no other out-of-pocket expenses. In the end, this can help you save hundreds or thousands of dollars. Home warranty plans will allow you peace of mind the entire time you have one in place. The benefit of not having to worry will be hard to put a price tag on.
FAQs About Wyoming Home Warranties
How much does a home warranty cost in Wyoming?
Wyoming home warranties will range in price from $35 to $80 a month. The cost of a Wyoming home warranty will be dependent on the coverage that it offers and the add-on options that were selected. The more you add to the policy, the more expensive it is going to be. If you are on a budget, there are plenty of good home warranty choices on the market.
What is a service fee?
A service fee is a price that you pay each time you need a repair of one of your home warranty systems or appliances. Service fees range in price from $60 to $150, and they will be a part of all home warranty plans. Service fee pricing is an essential factor to consider when looking at the overall affordability of a plan.
What is the best home warranty company in Wyoming?
The best overall home warranty company in Wyoming is Choice Home Warranty. Choice has been on the market for more than 13 years, has reasonable fees, excellent customer service, and impressive plan benefits. Wyoming homeowners have found that Choice Home Warranty is a policy that they can trust.
Will a home warranty cover replacement costs?
Home warranty companies will cover replacements of appliances and systems as long as the costs are within the policy limits of the plan. Some home warranty plans have coverage caps, and limitations of $500, and others will have up to $3000. The replacement costs are an essential policy factor to consider when choosing a home warranty plan.
Today's Homeowner Home Warranty Ranking Methodology
At Today's Homeowner, transparency and trust are our most important values for the reader.
To create this rating system, our team spent hours researching over 60 companies, analyzing 2500+ key data points, getting the thoughts and opinions of 1000+ homeowners, and speaking to home warranty company representatives directly. We also dug into the fine print on each company’s service agreement to ensure no detail was left out.
To make the most of our research, we developed an objective home warranty review and rating methodology to score each home warranty company based on several criteria.