Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so it’s time to show your home a little love. There’s no better way to celebrate than decorating your space with festive, fun decor.
Traditional Valentine’s Day decor includes color schemes with red, pink, white, purple, and other pastel shades. Once you’ve decided on a romantic color palette, add fanciful elements like lace, satin, and heart shapes for the sweetest display.
Any holiday home design is completely customizable to your aesthetic, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. Channel classic romance with red roses and gilded picture frames. Or, achieve a playful design with candy-themed decor and fluffy textures.
Heartwarming Valentine’s Day Decor Ideas
We found some of the best Valentine’s Day decorations to give your home a heart-stopping makeover. We included everything from wall hangings to place settings in various styles to help you find a decor theme you love. Most of these decorations are available on Amazon for fast, easy shipping by February 14.
Valentine’s Day Table Decor
If you’re hosting a V-Day dinner party or Galentine’s cocktail hour, themed table decor is a must. Create a to-die-for display with these Valentine’s Day dinner table decoration ideas.
Any tablescape needs a beautiful centerpiece. We recommend floral centerpieces for Valentine’s Day because different flowers symbolize different types of love. This means you can channel certain atmospheres by switching up the bouquet on your table.
Use red roses for a romantic candlelit dinner. Or, use yellow tulips and roses to symbolize worthiness and friendship. No matter what flora you choose, add fun touches like candy heart vase fillers and decorative stems for extra visual appeal.
Combine a few of these decorations for a stunning centerpiece:
- Artificial White Tulip Bouquet by Mandy’s Store
- Berry Stems and Pink Hearts Vase Filler from DIYFLORU
- Dried Rabbit Tail Bouquet by OUKEYI
- Wooden Candy Hearts by Maitys
- Valentine’s Day Wicker Balls from STMK
If you’d like a centerpiece that smells as good as it looks, consider using fresh flowers. This tutorial by Theodore Leaf shows how to make an easy DIY flower arrangement with fresh roses and tulips:
Table Setting Tools
Your centerpiece may be the star of the show, but your table isn’t complete without themed place settings to welcome guests to the party. Create a cohesive table design with a table runner, place mats, cloth napkins, and name cards. These decorative touches and themed dinnerware will have guests swooning over your dining room decor.
Explore these charming place setting decorations for your Valentine’s Day dinner table:
- Valentine’s Day Table Runner from the AILUOQI Store
- Heart-shaped Lace Doilies from the Moon Boat Store
- Half-fold Place Cards from HEZNZXQ
- White Lace Dinner Napkins from the Ramanta Home Store
- With All My Heart Dinner Napkins from C.R. Gibson
Valentine’s Day Party Favors
Don’t let your guests leave without a token of admiration. Party favors are the best way to express your love and give friends and family a piece of the celebration to take home.
Luckily, Valentine’s Day party favors are easy to create. Give out handwritten notes of appreciation to each of your guests. Use heart-shaped cards or fanciful paper for a festive touch. For an especially thoughtful gift, fill miniature picture frames with pictures of you and each recipient.
If you have many guests visiting your home for the holiday, consider candy for an effortless party favor. Valentine’s Day is known for its sweet treats; send guests home with mini mason jars of candy hearts or delicious boxes of chocolate.
Create memorable party favors with these gift ideas from Amazon:
- Paper Cutout Cards by YIXAXKAO
- Conversation Hearts by Cambie
- Mini Mason Jars by Verones
- Vintage Resin Picture Frames from Vicenpal
- Heart Bow Favor Boxes from AWELL
Valentine’s Day Wreaths
Wreaths aren’t just Christmas decorations; they also make excellent additions to your Valentine’s Day front door. Welcome your beloved guests to your home with one of these elegant wreaths:
- Valentine’s Day Wreath by J’Floru
- Heart Wreath by VioletEverGarden
- Pom Pom Wreath by Boao
- Burlap Heart Wreath from the Siawoy Store
- Tulip Medley Wreath by Wreath Depot
You can make your own wreath instead of buying a brand-new one. This video from Bianca Andress shows how to complete this fun Valentine’s Day craft with just a wreath frame, hot glue, and a couple of decorative materials:
Valentine’s Day Wall Decor
Wall decorations are great for adding effortless touches to every room of your home. Create a gallery wall of vintage art prints in ornate golden frames. Then, use heart-shaped wall hangings with red and pink accents to complement the arrangement.
We recommend these wall decorations from Amazon and Etsy:
- Love Letter Wall Hanging from Angolio
- Heart Wall Mirror by BinaryABC
- XOXO Wire Wall Hanging from StitchandSteelCo
- Printable Wall Art Set by KIKIANDNIM
Interested in making your own wall decorations for Valentine’s Day? This cross-stitch kit by designer Emma Congdon includes 20 heartwarming designs for you to try.
Valentine’s Day Living Room Decor
Create a lovable living space with soft textures and rich, romantic colors. Faux fur accents are excellent for Valentine’s Day decor because they create a luxurious atmosphere perfect for cuddling up to your sweetheart. Pair soft throw blankets and pillowcases with heart-shaped coffee table decor and candles for a darling design.
Here are some of our favorite V-Day living room decor ideas:
- White Faux Fur Blanket from the Tuddrom Store
- Faux Fur Throw Blanket by Cheer Collection
- Pink Pom Pom Throw Pillow Covers by Ashler Home Deco
- Peony Pink Heart Pillow by Amazon Basics
- Heart Dough Bowl Candle from Jollifiers
- Heart-shaped Decorative Tray from Lindlemann
Valentine’s Day Mantel Decor
Don’t let Valentine’s Day go by without a dreamy mantel display. Your mantel isn’t just the shelf above your fireplace; it’s the scene of your perfect living room centerpiece. Give your mantel a makeover with Valentine’s-themed garland, picture frames, and a candle vignette. Utilize different heights, textures, and shapes for a dimensional design you’ll adore.
Get started on your Valentine’s Day mantel with these decorations from Amazon:
- Felt Heart Garland from Whaline
- Paper Heart Garland by Whaline
- Felt Pom Pom Garland from Partyprops
- Blush Pink Mercury Glass Votives from Just Artifacts
- Ombre Spiral Taper Candles from the XINAOBAOLUO Store
Looking for more ways to show your home decor some love? This tutorial from Bargain Bethany demonstrates how to make easy DIY Valentine’s Day decorations with materials from Dollar Tree:
Enjoy Your Swoon-worthy Space
With these design ideas in mind, you’ll create a charming space for yourself and your sweetheart to enjoy. After decking your space in delightful decor, don’t forget to sit back, relax, and cherish your home sweet home.
Seeking more ways to show your home some love? Explore our list of the top interior design trends of 2023.