Brisa retractable screen doors from ODL are easy to install and can be adjusted to fit doors ranging in width.
Brisa retractable screen door features include:
- Can be installed in 30 minutes or less.
- Fit doors ranging from 32” to 36” wide without cutting.
- Can fit left or right hand doors.
- Stripe in screen at eye level prevents walking into it.
- Secure mechanical latch that won’t blow open.
- Speed reducer to prevent door from banging when opened.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Retractable Screens Bring the Outside In
- Pleated Retractable Screen Doors Saves Space (video)
- Retractable Screens for Covered Decks and Porches (video)
Danny Lipford: Recently we attended the 2014 International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas, and we found some pretty cool stuff.
Matt Leeka: This is our new Brisa retractable screen door that we’ve developed. Our main objective here was to have a 30-minute or less installation time. So when we were designing it, we decided we wanted it to be very easy to install—a four sided unit—that could install to doors that had some variation in width.
And during the process, we found that we could make it adjustable from 32 inches to 36 inches, which that will cover 95 percent of the doors produced today. So if you can fit a 32-inch width to a 36-width with no cutting of any metal. This will go for a left or right hand, you don’t have to order a dedicated left or a right hand door.
Our research told us that people had walked through the door a lot, so we placed these stripes on here to help prevent the walk through. We have a mechanical latch system here, instead of a magnet, because consumers wanted to have a sure, mechanical latch so the wind would not blow it open. It was just a peace of mind thing that they wanted that mechanical latch.
Also, we knew that when the door retracted and banged hard against the housing, people thought that that was going to damage the door, so we put a speed reducer system in here to make it open nice and smooth.