Top 10 Must Do
- Replace air conditioning/heating system filters. Vacuum the area behind filters.
- Clean and inspect gutters/downspouts. Repair if needed.
- Rake leaves from the lawn.
- Drain gas from the lawnmower. Tune up the engine and sharpen the blade.
- Install storm windows and storm doors.
- Drain and flush the water heater.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Inspect weatherstripping and caulk around all doors and windows. Replace if damaged.
- Drain lawn irrigation system.
- Check insulation and add more if needed.
If Time and Budget Allow
- Trim hedges and shrubs.
- Recoat the trim paint in at least one room of the house.
- Pull out and unplug the refrigerator to clean behind it. Vacuum the coils.
- Remove all dead plants from gardens, and trim dead tree limbs.
- Check caulking around the bathtubs. Re-caulk, if necessary.
- Clean and deodorize the dishwasher with white vinegar.