To safely and easily clean out your garbage disposal:
- Measure out 1/2 cup of baking soda, and pour it down the garbage disposal.
- Measure one cup of white vinegar, and pour it down the garbage disposal.
- Allow the chemical reaction between the baking soda and vinegar to work for a minute.
- Pour a pot of boiling water down the garbage disposal, and allow it to sit for five minutes.
- Turn on the cold water tap in the sink with the garbage disposal, then turn on the disposal to flush it out.
Watch the video above to see Joe’s Simple Solution.