Lowe’s is one of the leading US retail companies for home improvements. They offer parts and services for roofing repairs, installations, and projects.
With many similar companies, it can be tough to make a decision for your roofing needs. In this article, let’s learn more about Lowe’s roofing products, costs, installation, benefits, and maintenance.
Lowe’s Roofing at Glance
The company’s beginnings can be traced to 1921 through the name Lowe’s North Wilkesboro Hardware. Since then, Lowe’s has developed into one of the world’s frontrunners of home improvement retailers. The company motto is to “deliver the right home improvement products, with the best service and value, across every channel and community”.
To start, Lowe’s have the following general roofing products:
- Roof panels – These are roofing built from a sheet of material, usually steel. Lowe’s has different roof panels such as corrugated asphalt, ribbed galvalume steel, and corrugated polycarbonate plastic.
- Roof shingles – A type of roofing from single overlapping flat elements that are usually rectangular.
- Underlayments – Sturdy material that goes between the roof deck and the shingles.
- Roll roofing – An asphalt roofing material with a mineral-surfaced foundation.
- Flashings – Thin sheets of metal that roofers use to steer water away from specific regions.
- Coatings – Acts as a layer of defense against any physical damages caused by man, animal, or nature.
- Sealants – Covers any cracks or holes in the roof.
Other products offered by Lowe’s :
- Roof vents – Serve as the foundation for your attic ventilation system.
- Gutters – Used for water management. They efficiently guide water flow from your roof, downspouts, and down to the ground.
- Roofing tools – Lowe’s has different tools specifically used for roofs, like a shingle stripper and a roof shovel.
- Cupolas – Used to provide natural light and ventilation to a space beneath a roof.
- Skylights – A special type of window that lets in natural light and provides a lovely view of the night sky.
As a bonus, Lowe’s offers help with installation by providing skilled workers who can handle any roofing project. They also have free consultations for their clients.
Lowe’s Roofing Pros and Cons
Like any other retail store, Lowe’s has its pros and cons. It is critical to consider these factors as a customer to determine whether Lowe’s meets your roofing needs.
Lowe’s has become an institution in the United States and well-known in the international scene. Here are some key elements as to why they are the best:
1. Competitive pricing
Lowe’s has placed their prices strategically that meets both needs of the company and its consumers. Other than its competitive pricing, it also has a Price Promise.
2. Payment options and discounts
They offer 6-month special financing for purchases of $299 or more. Also, aside from year-round discounts, the company has a 10% discount for military personnel.
3. Reliable warranty policy
The company provides warranties for both products and installation services.
4. Professional and skilled employees
From the store employees to the contractors, Lowe’s only the best of the best.
5. Hassle-free installation
You don’t need to do much work when you’re asking Lowe’s to do your roofing. Their process is stress-free and easy.
6. Loyalty program
Lowe’s also runs a loyalty program called Lowe’s for Pros.
7. Easy pickup
Aside from their delivery service, customers can opt from in-store pickup or curbside pickup. Both pickup options are free of charge.
It is also crucial to check the cons of a product or company. Here are the disadvantages you might want to consider before choosing Lowe’s roofing:
1. Local contractors
The company adds another layer of mediators when it comes to their services. Lowe’s taps into contractors that are within the vicinity of their stores. As a pro tip, you can ask the company about the contractors and look up their reviews.
2. Loyalty program
The Lowe’s for Pros is highly inefficient to small-time DIYers. It’s only good for owners of construction companies or people who do repairs and home improvement services all the time.
Lowe’s Roofing Cost
Lowe’s sells low-cost roofing materials. However, prices vary depending on the type of roof. For example, an asphalt roof panel can cost $29.98 each, while a galvanized one fetches for $19.98.
The cost of a roof installation varies depending on the complexity and size of your project, but they are generally reasonable. For a 1,000 sq. ft. roof, metal panel roofing can cost around $5,000 to $8,400. If you have a larger project, please feel free to request a quote from the company.
Nonetheless, the cost can go down with Lowe’s Price Promise. It will match any current lower price from another local retailer on an identical in-stock item. To take advantage of this offer, customers need to bring the ad, printout, or photo and show it to an associate for validation.
The Installation Process
Lowe’s delivers a wide range of roofing materials to ensure that every customer has the right product to suit their needs. The company also offers roofing installation and replacement for its customers. Here’s how it works:
1. Create a Schedule
You can schedule a free consultation in person or online through Lowe’s website.
2. Consultation Proper
A project consultant will inspect your home to get the right measurements and discuss material options with you. They’ll also show you roof samples and provide customization. The project specialist can do the consultation either physically or virtually.
3. Installation Day
They will assign a project team for each installation. The customer will discuss the installation day with the project consultant that can work for them.
Roofing Care and Maintenance
Lowe’s prides itself on its warranty policy for its roofing installation. Any installation includes a standard 2-year labor warranty. However, customers can opt to upgrade it to a 25-year warranty.
The warranty includes:
- Roof repairs resulting from manufacturing or installation flaws that necessitate labor
- Roof leak repairs are covered for both labor and materials
The warranty is also transferable. So if you sell your house, the new owner will have a $0 deductible on qualifying repairs as well.
Lowe’s also highly advocates the care and maintenance of your roofs. Here are some of the tips from the giant retail company:
- Check if there are cracked shingles and shingle residue
- Look for any loose flashing
- Examine the rubber fittings around pipes and vents for cracks
- Always keep the gutters free of any debris
Lowe’s loyalty program offers incentives for bulk orders. The company offers a discount depending on the amount of the same item you purchase. To give you an idea, discounts can range from 5% to 50%.
Another perk is the additional financial solutions. Aside from the 6-month special financing, Pro customers can have other payment options. Also, they can rent any tool from select stores whenever they want.
Here are other incentives for a Lowe’s Pro customer:
- Pro checkout lane
- Dedicated parking
- Free deliveries
- Free air for tires
- Convenience rack
- Windshield cleaning
- Phone charging station
Is Lowe’s Roofing Right for You?
Lowe’s has been around for a century. They are considered the best when it comes to home roofing and other home improvement services. Although the company still has its disadvantages, their products are definitely worth the price and their services are top-notch. If you like deals and discounts, check out their loyalty program and Price Promise.