Here are some of the highlights from the April 20, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to remove blown in attic insulation.
- Expense involved in replacing a gas water heater with electric.
- Problem with water coming out of water heater pressure relief valve.
- Whether to turn off water before replacing washer in outdoor spigot.
- Problem with bathroom toilet and tub not draining properly.
- How to catch debris when removing roof shingles and shakes.
- Problem with basement wall leaking even with tar on outside.
- How to repair and finish walls after removing paneling.
- Painting room divider wall two different colors.
- How to change the color of existing ceramic tile.
- Whether to paint dull brass kitchen cabinet hinges white.
- Is thin-set adhesive required between backer board and subfloor.
- Do radiant heat barriers on top of attic insulation work.
- Can polymer paver sand be used on a patio that has mortar joints.
- Problem with keeping black kitchen cabinets clean.
- Tiling over driveway expansion joints.
- Putting a kitchen stove and refrigerator next to each other.
- Problem with fogged insulated glass windows.
- How to clean grout lines on ceramic tile floors.
- Removing and replacing a wrought iron railing in a living room.
- How to soundproof a common wall in a townhouse.
- Painting over tub and tile paint with regular paint.
- How to remove an unpleasant odor from a washing machine.