Here are some of the highlights from the April 12, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to stop a hot water heater from dripping.
- Adding ceiling light fixtures to a room.
- Using mineral board in a basement instead of drywall.
- Installing radiant foil barriers in attics for insulation.
- Problem with water leaking through walls in basement.
- Whether to install drywall over wood paneling.
- How to make sure garage doors close when leaving.
- Problem with water leak around chimney.
- How to remove smoke odor from furniture.
- Cleaning grease from textured ceiling.
- Whether to finish porch benches with paint or polyurethane.
- Excess humidity in house from HVAC fresh air duct.
- How to remove moss from the north side of a roof.
- Best tub and shower caulk to prevent mildew.
- How to keep furniture from scratching hardwood floors.
- Avoiding roller marks when applying driveway paint.
- Whether to use concrete or crushed rock to set wood fence posts.
- Grading the ground around a house by hand for proper drainage.