Have junk hanging around your property? If an old mattress, desk, or pile of unwanted items is giving you stress, you might want to consider working with a junk removal service like LoadUp Junk Removal. LoadUp Junk Removal is a nationwide junk disposal and donation service that can help you give back to your community while also clearing out your residential or commercial space. But with so many competitors, how can you know that LoadUp Junk Removal is right for your needs1
At Today’s Homeowner, we understand that no one wants to allow a company onto their property without knowing everything they can about their credentials. We’ve read and categorized hundreds of LoadUp reviews to help you learn about this company before you work with them. Read on to learn more about LoadUp’s pricing, customer reviews, service areas, and more.
Pros & Cons of LoadUp Junk Removal
- Eco-friendly waste management services help you avoid depositing usable items into a landfill
- Upfront pricing available online for most jobs
- Movers providing pickup services are background checked
- Some customer reviews indicate that third-party junk removal companies do not provide consistent services
LoadUp Junk Removal is a full-service junk removal company that works with third parties to provide affordable services across the country. From old, broken exercise equipment to mattresses, their team can handle all types of residential and commercial junk removal jobs. No job is too large or too small for LoadUp — they offer everything from single item removal to entire property cleanouts. You can book your loading date entirely online using LoadUp’s scheduling tool without speaking to a representative, and pricing is upfront and straightforward. You won’t even need to be home during the removal if you choose exterior pickup services.
In our review, we found that scheduling services through LoadUp were easy and convenient, and that pricing was upfront and affordable. However, it’s important to remember that LoadUp does contract some of its jobs out to third-party junk removal services, which means that the quality of service might vary across locations. Overall, LoadUp can be a straightforward, easily manageable option for eco-friendly junk removal and property cleanout services.
How Much Does LoadUp Junk Removal Cost?
LoadUp charges its customers based on the specific items it’s removing from your property. If you need to dispose of multiple items together on a single job, you’ll save with bundled pricing. To help you get a better idea of what you might expect to pay for junk removal with LoadUp, we requested pricing for a few sample jobs. View the table below to learn more about what you might expect to pay for your removal services before you get a quote.
|Mattress and box spring||$144|
|Bag of general household goods||$90|
|Above ground pool||$879|
|Reclining sofa and mattress||$204|
|Residential air conditioner||$104|
|Desk and dresser||$144|
In addition to your base pricing, it’s normal for junk removal companies to add extra fees based on the circumstances of the removal. The following are a few of the most common fees you might encounter when booking junk removal and what you’ll pay for them with LoadUp.
|Stairs||$10 per flight|
|Long carry||Included (save $5 for exterior pickup)|
|Disassembly||From $21 per item|
What Services Does LoadUp Junk Removal Offer?
As the name suggests, the primary service that LoadUp Junk Removal provides is junk removal services. If you have a large amount of general trash or items that need to be removed from your property, LoadUp can provide you with a trained team of loaders to get rid of the items you request. All professionals who provide cleanouts have passed personal background checks — to ensure that only qualified, trustworthy men and women will be working on your property when your pick-up date arrives.
Let’s take a look at the specific services and add-ons that LoadUp Junk Removal can provide you with.
LoadUp is a full-service junk removal company, offering a range of items for pickup and removal. If you have a ton of old items that you need to get off of your property, LoadUp’s team provides curbside pickup services for your entire load. Simply move everything you need off of your real estate to the edge of your curb after booking your pickup date. Independent contractors approved by LoadUp will arrive at your property to remove your things. Junk removal services are available for both businesses that need equipment and furniture removal as well as general residential services.
Most homeowners use this service to get rid of large items that they cannot transport themselves. For example, if you buy a new bed and need to get rid of an old mattress, you might want to call LoadUp to remove it. While LoadUp’s business model provides pricing per individual item, you can also combine multiple items together in a single pickup to access more cost-effective services. LoadUp claims that they can remove almost any type of item from your property so long as it doesn’t pose a hazard to its movers, but some of the service’s most common pickups include:
- Furniture removal
- Disposal of old mattresses and box springs
- Exercise equipment removal
- Appliance removal
- Responsible removal of electronic waste and equipment
- Old grill removal
- Bagged trash and regular household garbage
Junk hauling and dumpster rental services are also available for complete property cleanouts.
Books, clothing, dressers — if you’re making a major move, you might have a ton of items that you can’t take with you but that still have plenty of life left in them. If this is the situation you’re finding yourself in, consider avoiding tossing these items and instead book donation pickup through LoadUp. In addition to providing regular junk removal services, LoadUp’s team prides themselves in diverting as many usable items away from landfills as possible. Since the inception of the company, LoadUp has managed to save more than three million pounds of waste from landfills, instead donating items to local charities and missions across the country.
While there is no guarantee that LoadUp will be able to donate the items that you offer (every charity has its own criteria when it comes to accepted items) the company claims that about 70% of the bulky items it receives are donatable. LoadUp looks for shelters and domestic violence resource centers when searching for the best places to donate your things. Be sure to keep a list of all the items that you donate so you can take advantage of tax deductions when filing season rolls around again.
General Assembly Services
While LoadUp focuses on removing things from your property, they also offer turnkey assembly services. Some of the most common assemblies their team can cover include:
- Furniture (desks, bed frames, shelving units, etc.)
- Table games and pool tables
- Exercise equipment
- Swing sets and playgrounds
- Basketball hoops and other sporting goals
This can make LoadUp a great one-stop-shop if you’re replacing your household furniture or redecorating a space with a number of bulky items in it.
Service Area & Availability
LoadUp Junk Removal currently has locations in almost every state. You can view specific service locations using LoadUp’s map here. Don’t see a LoadUp in your town? You should still consider connecting with a representative using the company’s customer service phone number if you think their services might be right for you. Even if LoadUp doesn’t have a location near your property, chances are that they’ll still be able to send a nearby team to help you.
How To Schedule With LoadUp Junk Removal
One of the major benefits that come with scheduling your junk removal through LoadUp is the service’s simple scheduling and online booking process. Here’s how to get started.
- Book online: LoadUp’s online booking process allows you to schedule all of your services without directly speaking with a representative. Begin by visiting LoadUp online at GoLoadUp.com on your desktop or phone to get a quote. Then, simply select the items that you need to donate, remove, or have assembled from LoadUp’s list of supported options. You’ll see a complete price for the entirety of your removal or assembly process when you book based on your unique job.
- Save the date: If the price you see works for you, choose a time frame for a technician to visit your property to lock in your date. If you’re booking a last-minute service, you can also request a rush visit when you select your date. Based on local availability, you could have a team member at your door the next day (or even the next hour) after submitting your request.
LoadUp’s online scheduling tool allows you to choose the date and time window when you’d like your junk removal team to visit.
- Prepare for service: After you pay for your junk removal date online and complete your booking, prepare for your team to visit your property. If you’ve selected indoor pickup services, you won’t need to do anything to prepare your things for removal — LoadUp’s quotes include carry services, loading, and transportation services.
If you want to save money on your junk removal services, select outdoor pickup when checking out and booking your date. You can save $5 on your booking when you move your items to the curb or to another easily accessible outdoor area for your loaders. If you opt for outdoor pickup, LoadUp also does not require that you be present for service as long as your team members can get to the items they need to load.
LoadUp’s services come with protection from their multimillion-dollar warranty and insurance policy. All of your things are 100% insured while they’re working on them if you opt for assembly services, and your property itself is protected during service and loading. You can even track your loaders in real-time before and after your appointment and enable notifications to alert you when your team is on their way.
LoadUp Junk Removal Reviews From Actual Customers
When choosing any type of home service company, customer reviews are essential considerations. Reading testimonials hosted on third-party review websites like the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Yelp, and Trustpilot give you an uncensored look at how previous customers liked their services. This gives you a better idea of the type of service quality you can expect when you book.
LoadUp Junk Removal has overall positive online reviews. The company is accredited with the BBB and currently maintains an A+ BBB rating. BBB reviewers have also awarded LoadUp Junk Removal an average review score of 3.7 out of 5.0 stars, with satisfied customers praising their team’s fast response times and easy scheduling.
However, not every customer online had a positive experience with LoadUp. On Yelp, customers gave LoadUp an average rating of 1.5 out of 5.0 stars. LoadUp reviews regularly mention that junk removal professionals did not arrive on time and did not adhere to the online pricing they were provided.
Excellent! We had an Avocado green mattress (100+ lb) and foundation that needed to be transported from our garage up to a second floor bedroom and assembled. The 2 service technicians accomplished this in record time. Scheduling the appointment was easily done. An automated phone call confirmed the appointment LoadUp sent an email the day of the service with the technicians name and cell phone number as well as tracking.— Patty H.
I first had a pickup scheduled with a 12 hour window, with a number to reach the driver, who never picked up. He called at the end of the window to tell me couldn’t, but would pass by 8 to 12 the following day which he didn’t. I then called Load Up to reschedule for the following Saturday, with a 4 hour window and again the driver did not show up. After chatting online I managed to get someone to call back, and she too could not reach the driver, so I went ahead and cancelled. Three days unable to plan to be out other than very close, and I am still stuck with my sofa. If I could give zero stars I would.— Carolina M.
Learned the hard way that this is a 3rd party contractor. Seemed too easy- got a great appointment, next day with a 4 hour window. I received a call in the am (automated) and confirmed I was ready and available. I received and email with my drivers name and contact number. No one came- I called the number and left a message. Then I got a call back from a guy who said he “declined the job”. He explained how it worked. Seems very unfair that load up CHARGES in advance… then never shows up. I was able to get a human on the phone who did apologize- but Still waiting for a refund. I will update once I get a refund. — Meg R.
Frequently Asked Questions About LoadUp Junk Removal
Is LoadUp a legitimate company?
Yes, LoadUp is a legitimate company. LoadUp has received accreditation and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, which indicates that the company is proactive when responding to customer complaints and honest in their advertising. Though this doesn’t guarantee that you’ll receive stellar service when you work with LoadUp, it does indicate that the company provides the services it says it will.
How do I throw out a couch in NYC?
If you have an oversized item that you need to get rid of in New York City (like a couch) as part of residential space, you can do so during your standard collection day. You no longer need to make a specific appointment for bulky item removal. Be sure to explore donation or sale options before putting your couch out on collection day.
How much does LoadUp Junk Removal cost?
The specific price that you’ll pay for junk removal services from LoadUp will vary depending on the items that you need to get rid of and where you’re located. As a general rule, expect to pay between $90 and $200 for junk removal services with LoadUp.
How does LoadUp work?
LoadUp Junk Removal is a nationwide junk removal service provider that partners with third-party companies to coordinate affordable services. You can book an appointment for junk removal, donation services, or item assembly online and lock in guaranteed pricing. From here, LoadUp will match you with a local team and assign them to complete your job on the requested date of service. Because services are prepaid online, you don’t need to be present during junk removal so long as your technicians can easily access the load.
Where is LoadUp Junk Removal based?
LoadUp Junk Removal’s headquarters are located at 280 Interstate North Cir in Atlanta, GA. While the company is headquartered in Georgia, it proudly provides services in all 50 states.
Today's Homeowner Rating Methodology
At Today's Homeowner, our primary goals are to be a reliable source of information and to be totally transparent to our readers. With that in mind, we’ve developed the following formula to render objective ratings – on a scale of 10 points – for the moving companies we review.
- Transparency (3.0): Communication and being fully straightforward regarding company policies and licensing are incredibly important. A given mover’s willingness to display these, to supply quick quotes, and to provide clearly-worded moving contracts all factor into the three points within this single rating criteria.
- Cost (2.5): A mover’s cost relative to industry averages, as well as accessibility to cost data play a role in the customer experience as much as anything else. We know that being sure of what you’re paying – and being confident that you’re not overpaying – will ultimately make for a positive move. We’ve weighted cost factors accordingly in our ratings.
- Customer Service (2.0): Establishing an easy line of contact with your movers during the booking process or during the move itself is a huge asset for any moving client. The stress of moving, in general, can be greatly eased by knowing you can talk to a licensed professional whenever you need to, which is why we’ve listed this as a key rating category. This is where customer reviews come into play; since the majority of complaints stem from poor customer service, feedback from BBB, Yelp, Google, and other review platforms factor into this criteria.
- Services Offered (1.5): This rates lower on our priority list than many would think, simply due to the fact that many movers provide a similar line of services. However, breadth of service offerings does still vary to a degree.
- Customization Options (1.0): Having the autonomy to fully customize your move should rate highly on any moving checklist. Here, we’ve taken moving package customization ability, as well as pricing for more involved add-ons. Steep pricing for such services can provide something of a soft barrier for clients looking to add to their move, and we’ve taken this into consideration.