This homemade punching bag for your kids is a eco-friendly project, since it was made from recycled materials. It’s easy to make and can provide them with hours of fun and exercise.
Punching Bag Materials List:
- 1 – 4” diameter x 3’ scrap PVC pipe
- 1 – 10” diameter scrap plywood disk
- 1 – 4” diameter scrap plywood disk
- 2 – 3’ x 12’ used carpet pad
- 1 – roll duct tape
Making the Punching Bag:
- Cut PVC pipe to length.
- Cut 10” diameter plywood disk to size, using the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket as the pattern.
- Cut a 4” diameter plywood disk to fit the interior diameter of the pipe.
- Attach 4” plywood disk to the center of 10” plywood disk.
- Screw the bottom of the pipe to the plywood disk.
- Cut carpet pad to size using a utility knife.
- Attach carpet pad to pipe with duct tape.
- Roll carpet pad on pipe.
- Wrap pad in duct tape.
- Drill holes in the top of the pipe and hang by rope from ceiling.
Attach pipe to base. Roll carpet pad on pipe. Cover pad with tape.