Kids with plenty of pent-up energy usually need to burn it off outside, but there are also options to get exercise indoors — for instance, you could install a punching bag!
You can make this kids punching bag that’s both eco-friendly and affordable since it’s made from recycled materials. Anyone can do it and it’ll provide your kids with hours of fun and exercise.
Just watch the video and follow along!
Kids Punching Bag Materials List:
- 1 – 4-inch-diameter x 3-foot scrap PVC pipe
- 1 – 10-inch-diameter scrap plywood disc
- 1 – 4-inch-diameter scrap plywood disc
- 2 – 3-by-12-foot used carpet pad
- 1 – roll duct tape
Making a Kids Punching Bag:
- Cut PVC pipe to length.
- Cut 10-inch-diameter plywood disc to size, using the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket as the pattern.
- Cut a 4-inch-diameter plywood disc to fit the interior diameter of the pipe.
- Attach 4-inch plywood disc to the center of 10-inch plywood disk.
- Screw the bottom of the pipe to the plywood disc.
- Cut carpet pad to size using a utility knife.
- Attach carpet pad to pipe with duct tape.
- Roll carpet pad on the pipe.
- Wrap pad in duct tape.
- Drill holes in the top of the pipe and hang by rope from the ceiling.
Attach pipe to base. Roll carpet pad on pipe. Cover pad with tape.
Bonus tip: You can add some polish to this punching bag if you have leather on hand.
Simply wrap the punching bag with a leather sheet and secure with black duct tape for a color-coordinated look.