Here are some of the highlights from the August 4, 2012, Homefront with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Around the Yard writer Julie Day Jones offered some August lawn and garden advice and discussed the Dog Days of Summer.
Danny gets us ready for an organized August with tips for organizing a closet.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Problem with stain peeling on exterior pine trim boards.
- Grouting over existing grout in a tile floor. (see answer)
- Dealing with cracks in stone house foundation from settling.
- How to restore the original color to faded pavers.
- Problem with calcium buildup on unsealed concrete floors.
- Whether to apply latex paint to your house in full sun.
- How to seal around a leaking, undermount sink.
- Staining a concrete slab that was covered with carpet and tile.
- Installing new linoleum over an existing linoleum floor.
- How to glue rocks to a plastic pond liner.
- Changing the color of hydrangea flowers.
- Problem with stain on wood floor bleeding through lacquer.
- Problem with discolored linoleum bathroom floor.
- Cement patch caulking hard to get out of caulking gun.