Tools and Supplies Needed
To replace an electrical outlet, you will need the following tools and supplies:
- Screwdrivers: Both slotted and Phillips head.
- Voltage Tester: An inexpensive, non-contact voltage tester.
- Wire Strippers: A pair of wire strippers.
- Electrical Tape: Standard black electrical tape for wrapping wires.
- Receptacle: The proper type wall outlet for your wiring and electrical needs as determined above.
- Cover Plate: A new outlet cover plate to match the receptacle, if the old plate needs replacing.