Today’s Homeowner Radio
Listener QuestionsElectric to Gas Light Conversion Jan wants to know if it’s feasible to change her electric outdoor lights into natural gas lights. The transformation from electric to gas is doable. However, it could be costly as she would have to route the gas line and not to mention gas would be constantly flowing through the lights.
Why Your Paint May Be Cracking and How to Fix It Michele just finished painting the entire interior of her home, only to notice the paint is beginning to crack around windows and doors. The cracking is likely occurring because the paint wasn’t properly prepped before being applied. It’s possible Michele added a coat over paint that was still wet. Michele should look into a product from Zinsser called Peel Stop. It’s a clear binding sealer that should seal any cracking on her walls.
Picking the Proper Grout Wesley needs advice on what kind of grout to use for his bathroom remodeling project. We recommend Wesley look into Fusion Pro from Custom Building Products. Fusion Pro is stain-proof, easy to use, and never needs sealing.
7-Day De-Cluttering Challenge
- Day 1: Empty refrigerator; discard old food and condiments
- Day 2: Clean and reorganize kitchen pantry
- Day 3: Clear out kitchen sink cabinet
- Day 4: Go through all bookshelves; donate unwanted books
- Day 5: Clean out clothes closet; donate unwanted clothing and shoes
- Day 6: Empty and clean bath vanity cabinet and medicine chest
- Day 7: Organize one kid’s room; donate unwanted toys and books
Simple SolutionsTake Notes With Your Tape Measure
One of the key steps in making accurate cuts is remembering the measurement once you get to the saw to make the cut. Rather than carrying around a notepad, try this.Repairing Split Wood Lap Siding
When wood lap siding splits or cracks along its length, here’s how to repair it.