To properly maintain a wood deck, it needs to be cleaned and refinished from time to time. Here’s how to go about it:
- Apply a deck cleaning solution using a pump up sprayer.
- Allow the solution to work for the recommended time.
- Clean the deck using a scrub brush or power washer.
- Rinse off the cleaner using a garden hose with spray attachment.
- Allow the deck to dry thoroughly.
- Apply a clear deck sealer or deck stain to the wood.
- Allow the finish to dry thoroughly before using the deck.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Clean and Finish a Wood Deck (video/article)
- How to Maintain a Wood Deck (video)
- How to Clean Between Deck Boards (video)
- How to Clean Outdoor Patio and Deck Furniture (article/video)
A wood deck needs to be cleaned regularly to maintain its integrity and beauty. Apply a deck cleaning solution to the wood after it’s damp with a pump up sprayer, and let it work for several minutes before you begin work.
You can use a stiff scrub brush or a pressure washer to clean the surface. If you use a pressure washer, be careful not to gouge the wood with a stream that’s too narrow or too close to the surface. Once the deck is dry, apply a clear sealer or a stain to protect the wood and delay the need for the next cleaning.
Comments are closed.