If you have neurological issues such as headaches, finding it hard to focus, abridged attention span, loss of retention and faintness, it could indicate there is harmful mold developing in your home.
These mold toxicity symptoms should not be ignored:
• Coughing or sneezing
• Headaches or Migraines
• Shortness of Breath
• Irritation of Eyes
• Chronic Fatigue
• Vomiting or Nausea
The symptoms of mold toxicity are often misdiagnosed as the common cold or flu. That’s concerning because living with mold for extended periods has been linked to problems affecting the central or nervous system.
Mycotoxins, or toxic substances from molds such as Stachybotrys chartarum, can have severe intellectual effects. That’s why Dr. Rick Sponaugle, a mold specialist, believes mold and depression go hand-in-hand.
Long-term effects of black mold exposure are severe, debilitating and could be life-threatening.
By using the following ways of detecting mold, you will determine which types of mold are lurking in your home without employing a mold inspector.
1. Paint bubbles on your walls
If you notice paint bubbling on the walls of your home, specifically on the walls of your bathroom or near the windows, the most common reason is moisture. And where there’s moisture, there’s probably mold.
For you to adequately cover it with a mold-killing primer, you need to identify the primary source of moisture. Once you answer the moisture concern, then you can repaint.
2. Bathroom Exhaust Fan Stops Working Properly
Mold is predominantly a common problem in bathrooms with inadequate ventilation. Your bathroom’s exhaust fan is an important device to keep toxic mold at bay — but it will not work if it is blocked or not running well.
If that’s the issue, you need to clean or replace your exhaust fan. Also, clean the walls regularly with a Wet and Forget, a mold-killing product.