Refinishing and personalizing old children’s furniture makes a great DIY project. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start by cleaning the chair thoroughly, making sure all the dust is removed.
- Next, apply on coat of primer, and allow it to dry. Tinting the primer to the color of the paint can cut down on the number of coats needed.
- Apply two coats of paint and allow to dry.
- Personalize the furniture with the child’s name or decorative artwork.
- Finally, spray on a coat of clear finish to seal the paint and increase the longevity of your work.