Barbara Crigler lives alone in her 1958 home but has frequent visits from her four grandchildren, three active boys and one girl.
The family room has nice hardwood floors and a big window that lets in tons of natural light, but it’s missing a focal point.
Barbara knows she wants a TV and a fake fireplace along a long, blank wall, but she’s not sure how to make it happen.
What’s worse, just beside that blank wall is a dining table with another blank wall — but it won’t stay that way for much longer!
Some of the projects we cover in this episode include:
- Build a Bump-Out Wall for the Fireplace
- Install and Paint Brick Paneling
- Install Sconces on Either Side of the TV
- Create an Accent Wall
- Install Crown Molding
- Build, Paint and Install a Cornice
Check out the ‘Creating a Cozy Living Room’ episode article for more information on this project!
- Living Room Gets Rustic Renovation
- 7 Ideas to Make Your Small Kitchen Feel Cozy
- Transforming a Loft into a Bedroom on a Budget