A wood trellis makes a great addition to a wall or fence. Here’s how to go about making a wood fan trellis for your yard:
- Stack five 8′ long pressure treated 1×2’s and secure one end together with screws or bolts.
- Lay the stack on a hard flat surface, and nail or screw another 1×2 to the center board in the stack a foot or so from the top of the trellis.
- Fan out each of the two outer trellis pieces to the distance desired and nail or screw them to the cross member.
- Attach additional cross members at the desired height, alternating the sides of the trellis.
- Position the base of the structure in the ground.
- Plant lightweight vines, such as jasmine or honeysuckle, at the base of the trellis.
Watch this video to find out more.