If you own a home long enough, you’ll eventually spot all kinds of pests, both indoors and outdoors.
They can be actual backyard pests like chiggers, or nuisances like white fungi invading your garden. Sometimes, our furry friends can temporarily become pests, like when dogs dig unsightly holes.
A noisy A/C unit could be pretty bothersome, as could cracks in kitchen cabinet doors, and paint that keeps peeling no matter how many coats you apply.
And we’ll talk about all these challenges, and much more, on this week’s Today’s Homeowner Radio Show.
- [3:09] Tips for summer A/C maintenance
- [6:40] How to set ceiling fans for summer cooling
- [7:03] The importance of sealing a home’s envelope
- [8:50] Putting in a post with concrete
- [15:54] Tips for getting rid of backyard chiggers
- [28:25] Best New Product: Ryobi 40-Volt, 20-Inch Brushless Push Mower
- [30:43] What to do about residual glue under tile floors
- [42:12] Tips for waterproofing a curbless shower
- [49:41] Simple Solution: How to drill pilot holes for soft, metal screws without breaking them
- [55:22] Window replacements: Is this a DIY job?
- [57:12] How to stop dogs from digging backyard holes
- [59:04] How to restore furniture for outside use
- [1:01:34] ‘What are these flat, white roots?’
- [1:03:30] What to do about peeling paint on the walls
- [1:11:02] Tips for insulating a patio
- [1:22:13] What to do about cracks in kitchen cabinet doors
- [1:26:08] What to do about a noisy hallway A/C unit
- [1:36:08] ‘My in-ground sprinkler heads won’t pop up — what now?’
- [1:38:40] Tips for painting pressure-treated posts
- [1:44:00] Simple Solution: How to get all the paint out of a spray-paint can
Best New Product
|Ryobi’s 20-Inch, 40-Volt Cordless Battery Push Mower delivers gas-like power without the hassle of gas, oil, maintenance or noise. Learn more>>|
Other Products and Links Mentioned
- Daich Coatings
- Home Depot
- Quikrete Fast-Setting Concrete
- Shellac-based bonding primer
- Solar-powered exhaust fans [Amazon]
- TotalBoat 2 Part Marine Epoxy Primer
- Trex at The Home Depot
- 8 Home Smells That Could Be Signs of Danger
- Replacing a Worn-Out Deck with Composite Decking
- How to Finish Wood Furniture for Use Outdoors