Here are some of the highlights from the October 11, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a prize package from Duck Brand Weatherization.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420, leave your name and phone number and say, “Get the Duck to Do It!” Winner will be picked by random drawing. Prize includes:
- Roll-On Window Kit
- Attic Stairway Cover
- Double Draft Seal
- Triple Draft Seal
- Socket Sealers
Plus, since October is National Fire Prevention Month, all the callers this week who are on the radio show will receive the new Worry-Free Smoke Alarm from Kidde featuring a 10-year sealed battery.
Check out How to Protect Your Family from a Fire for 5 steps you can take to help keep your family safe from fires!
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Stopping a leaky gutter.
- Keeping a crawlspace dry.
- Why a central vacuum system helps indoor air quality.
- Whether to seal a cypress fence with polyurethane.
- Benefits of using rock wool insulation over fiberglass or cellulose.
- How to prep walls for painting that have been saturated with hairspray over many years.
- Sealing a masonry chimney from water leaks during a heavy rain.
- Suggestions for installing pegboard in a garage.
- An easy way to figure the amount of concrete needed for a project.
- Using spray paint to refinish a sink faucet.
- Advice on the best protective finish for a dining room table.
- Using a paddle ceiling fan that doesn’t have reverse to circulate air in winter.