Here are some of the highlights from the May 4, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to get rid of sugar ants inside house.
- Problem with peeling paint on a treated wood deck.
- How to smooth old wallboard before applying wallpaper.
- Whether to replace fiberglass roll insulation with sprayed foam.
- How to turn a two-car carport into an enclosed garage.
- Problem with wide cracks in a concrete driveway.
- How to attach a grab bar to a shower without a stud.
- Problem with a clogged downspout on steep roof.
- How to repair loose staircase balusters.
- Whether to set posts for a split rail fence in concrete.
- How to repair a cracked plumbing drain into a septic tank.
- When to clean and finish a cedar deck.
- Problem with moles destroying landscaping in yard.
- How to patch wood subflooring.
- Using gravel around roses to keep the soil from compacting.
- How to pour a concrete ramp for a storage shed.
- Replacing pull down attic stairs with permanent stairs.