Here are some of the highlights from the June 22, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win the 50-piece Rain Bird Gardener’s Drip Kit with everything you need to set up your own drip irrigation system in your yard!
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 and ask your home improvement question.
You can also enter by submitting your question on our website at Ask Questions.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Installing a new tile floor over existing tile adhesive residue.
- How to prevent bleeding through when painting knotty pine paneling.
- Can you combine asphalt shingle and metal roofing on the same roof.
- Whether to turn the furnace off when using a bug bomb in a basement.
- What is the most durable finish to use on a doghouse.
- Whether to replace the glass or the entire sash on an insulated window.
- How to remove mold and mildew from vinyl siding.
- Whether to tile over or remove old flooring containing asbestos.
- Problem with low water pressure from undersized water line.
- How to return shine to a dull laminate floor.
- Problem with termites infesting only one beam in house.
- How to stain and seal a concrete slab.
- Whether to make a picnic table out of cedar or white pine.
- How to make painted textured finish walls smooth.
- Product used to gel water in toilet bowl before removal.
- Problem with wallpaper seams showing through paint.