Here are some of the highlights from the June 15, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week five lucky listeners will win the Rain Bird Gardener’s Drip Kit with everything you need to set up your own drip irrigation system in your yard!
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 and ask your home improvement question.
You can also enter by submitting your question on our website at Ask Questions.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to paint over stained cedar siding.
- Repairing a damaged linoleum floor.
- Installing floating tile over a vinyl bathroom floor.
- Spot priming smoke stains on a ceiling with spray shellac.
- Painting prefinished paneling covered in vinyl wallpaper.
- Whether to sand or apply deglosser when painting kitchen cabinets.
- How expensive is it to replace the battery on a cordless lawn mower.
- Problem with efflorescence bleeding through painted concrete block.
- Replacing wood steps with more durable material.
- Whether to apply linseed oil to window sash before glazing.
- Using regular sand vs. polymer based sand on a paver patio.
- Best flooring to use in a damp basement.
- Patching existing grout in tile.
- How to keep lawn and garden alive during water rationing.
- Installing tile without leaving grout lines.
- How to clean metal air conditioner fins.
- Using a toilet and shower while the sink is unhooked.
- Does paint or polyurethane hold up better on outdoor furniture.
- How to install a peephole in a metal door.