Here are some of the highlights from the April 19, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guest on This Week’s Show
Christopher Grubb shared ideas on creating an outdoor kitchen.
Great Giveaway of the Week
Made from high grade, recycled stainless steel, the BLANCO SOLON Compost System mounts in your kitchen countertop to make it easy to collect organic waste for your compost pile.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Improving the look of weathered brass entry door handles and locks.
- When and how to repair a crack in drywall caused by freezing weather.
- Cleaning an older asphalt shingle roof with a pressure washer.
- How to build a flower bed on a sloping lot.
- Tiling over a concrete floor in a basement to reduce humidity.
- Which is less expensive, asphalt or metal, over the life of a roof.
- Problem with floor tiles coming loose over time.
- Installing a cast iron sink in a granite countertop.
- What is the difference between vinyl, laminate, and linoleum.
- Painting a floor that had sheet vinyl on it.
- Whether to vent a bathroom exhaust fan into a garage.
- How to remove a painted textured popcorn ceiling.
- Repairing or roofing over a leaking skylight.
- Is there a mildew proof caulking for bathrooms.
- Problem with scratches in a stainless steel sink.
- How to remove leaves and debris from gaps between deck boards.
- Problem with cold floors in room over unheated garage.
- What to apply to an exposed house foundation to protect it.
- Problem with polyurethane finish on hardwood floors turning white.