If you’re tired of your old plastic laminate kitchen countertops but don’t want the expense of replacing them with stone, Giani Granite Paint for Countertops might be just the answer. The DIY friendly, faux granite painting kit can make almost any surface—from plastic laminate and solid surface countertops to mantels and tabletops—look like granite.
The low odor, water-based polymer resin is made from automotive grade polymers for added durability. The kit retails for under $40 and comes with almost everything you need to finish 16 feet of countertop.
Giani Granite Paint for Countertops:
- For use on plastic laminate, solid surface, primed cultured marble, wood, primed drywall, primed acrylic or fiberglass shower stall walls, mantels, tabletops.
- Can’t be used on shower stall floors, bathtubs, sinks, other surfaces that will be submerged in water.
- Available in Sicilian Sand, Bombay Black, and Jet Black.
- black primer
- clear topcoat
- foam brush
- black practice poster paper
- instructional DVD
- printed instructions
- Clean countertop and backsplash with degreaser.
- Patch any gouges or nicks and sand smooth.
- Mask off walls, sink, and cabinets with painter’s tape.
- Apply black primer using a foam brush to trim and roller for main surface.
- Allow primer to dry for six hours.
- Apply minerals to the primed surface using the included sponge.
- Allow minerals to dry for two hours.
- Lightly sand off any rough spots with fine (320 grit) sandpaper.
- Apply clear topcoat with roller and brush.
- Allow topcoat dry for eight hours.
- Lightly sand off rough spots.
- Apply second coat of clear topcoat.
- Allow to cure for 48 hours before using.
More information, including ordering online, is available at Giani Granite Paint for Countertops.