A solid wood ceiling can give your home a unique look, but there are some things you need to know when considering this option.
- Installation of a wood ceiling is labor intensive which results in higher costs than a drywall ceiling.
- Wood ceilings can be either painted or stained to give the room a different look.
- Each board in a wood ceiling must be individually cut, fit, and nailed in place.
- Solid wood lumber can warp and may take some work to achieve a tight fit.
- Prefinished, simulated wood ceilings are available that are easier to install than wood.
Watch this video to find out more.
Danny Lipford is a home improvement expert and television personality who started his remodeling business, Lipford Construction, at the age of 21 in Mobile, Alabama. He gained national recognition as the host of the nationally syndicated television show, Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford, which started as a small cable show in Mobile. Danny's expertise in home improvement has also led him to be a contributor to popular magazines and websites and the go-to source for advice on everything related to the home. He has made over 200 national television appearances and served as the home improvement expert for CBS's The Early Show and The Weather Channel for over a decade. Danny is also the founder of 3 Echoes Content Studio, TodaysHomeowner.com, and Checking In With Chelsea, a décor and lifestyle blog.
Comments are closed.