A built-in medicine cabinet is a great addition to any bathroom. Since they are designed to fit between the existing studs in your wall, installation is easy. Here’s how to go about it:
- Use a stud finder to locate the studs and mark them on the wall.
- Draw level and plumb lines on the wall of the proper cutout size using a level.
- Cut a rectangular hole in the wall to fit the cutout size of the medicine cabinet using a drywall saw.
- slide the medicine cabinet into the wall opening.
- Attach the medicine cabinet to the studs from inside the cabinet using screws.
Watch this video to find out more.
Note that you may not want to do this on an exterior wall, which may be filled with insulation. Even if it isn’t, the drywall would be acting as an air-tight layer to keep the outside outside. They also make surface mount medicine cabinets for this reason.