A built-in medicine cabinet is a great addition to any bathroom. Since they are designed to fit between the existing studs in your wall, installation is easy. Here’s how to go about it:
- Use a stud finder to locate the studs and mark them on the wall.
- Draw level and plumb lines on the wall of the proper cutout size using a level.
- Cut a rectangular hole in the wall to fit the cutout size of the medicine cabinet using a drywall saw.
- slide the medicine cabinet into the wall opening.
- Attach the medicine cabinet to the studs from inside the cabinet using screws.
Watch this video to find out more.
Danny Lipford is a home improvement expert and television personality who started his remodeling business, Lipford Construction, at the age of 21 in Mobile, Alabama. He gained national recognition as the host of the nationally syndicated television show, Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford, which started as a small cable show in Mobile. Danny's expertise in home improvement has also led him to be a contributor to popular magazines and websites and the go-to source for advice on everything related to the home. He has made over 200 national television appearances and served as the home improvement expert for CBS's The Early Show and The Weather Channel for over a decade. Danny is also the founder of 3 Echoes Content Studio, TodaysHomeowner.com, and Checking In With Chelsea, a décor and lifestyle blog.