To keep sandpaper on an oscillating finishing sander from tearing and make it faster and easier to change out the sheets of sandpaper.
- Prevent Sandpaper from Tearing: Move the sander back and forth from front to back on the sander, rather than side to side, to prevent the edge of the sandpaper from catching and tearing on the grain of the wood.
- Multiple Sheets of Sandpaper: When replacing the sandpaper on a finishing sander, stack two or three sheets together and clamp them on the sander at one time. Once the bottom sheet of sandpaper is worn out, simply tear it off to expose the next sheet without having to stop and replace it.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Sandpaper 101 (video)
- Using File Folders to Organize Sandpaper (video)
- Orbital and Random Orbit Sanders (video)
- Sanding Rounds Objects (video)
Comments are closed.