To replace a torn window screen:
- Place the screen frame on a flat surface.
- Insert a small screwdriver or the point of a utility knife under the end of the rubber spline.
- Pry the end of the spline out and remove the spline around the frame.
- Remove the screen wire from the frame.
- Position an oversized, new piece of screen over the frame.
- Use the convex end of a spline roller tool to push the screen into the groove at one end of the frame.
- Place the spline over the groove, and use the concave end of the roller tool to push it into the groove.
- Pull the screen tight at the other end of the frame, and use the roller tool to push the screen and spline into the groove.
- Pull each of the other two sides tight and press the spline in, being careful to avoid wrinkles.
- Trim off excess screen with a utility knife.
Comments are closed.