Champion Windows is a home improvement company with over six decades of industry experience. It offers replacement services for windows, doors, vinyl siding, and sunrooms to help customers boost curb appeal, enhance durability, and improve energy efficiency. It also ranks among the top of our highest rated window brands.
Our Take on Champion Windows
After conducting an in-depth review of Champion Windows, we think it’s an excellent option for homeowners seeking a wide range of window styles with high-quality frames. Based on our assessment of customer reviews, it’s also a top choice for homes needing full-service window replacements with a tried-and-true installation process and ranks on our list of top vinyl windows.
The chart below shows how Champion stacks up to our rigorous review standards.
Champion custom manufactures each order to meet craftsmanship standards and the homeowner’s individualized design needs. It offers a solid list of window styles with varying customization levels to ensure customers find exactly what they need.
Champion’s six-step installation process carries buyers from their consultations through installation, making it an excellent option for those hoping to avoid DIY window projects. When you buy Champion windows, you’ll enjoy expert support while you design and customize your new windows.
Champion might not be the best choice for buyers seeking frequent post-installation support. In fact, the company has received numerous complaints about its follow-up reliability, so you should factor this in before committing to the company.
|Our Rating||4.3 out of 5 stars|
|State Availability||25 states|
|Financing Options||Custom financing available|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|BBB Rating||Not rated|
Pros and Cons of Champion Windows
Pros & Cons
- 65 years of experience
- Frequent discounts and promotions
- Offers virtual appointments
- Online form to submit repair requests
- Online chat feature for quick communication
- In-home consultations available as soon as the next day
- Not BBB-accredited
- Only offers vinyl frames
- Not available in all states
- Complaints about customer service
Types of Champion Windows
Champion offers a competitive selection of replacement window styles to fit various home designs and functional purposes. During your free in-home or virtual consultation with a Champion representative, you’ll learn about each type’s benefits, drawbacks, and price ranges. The company custom builds and delivers your product from its U.S. manufacturing facility, no matter which style you choose.
Champion offers the following types of windows:
- Awning windows open upward via a hand crank. They form an awning when open, making them ideal for homes in rainy climates.
- Basement hopper windows are structurally like awning windows, except they open inward from bottom hinges. They improve ventilation in enclosed spaces, such as basements.
- Double-hung windows feature two movable sashes that pivot inward for easy cleaning and maintenance. These windows are excellent for small spaces or second-story rooms.
- Casement windows open to the side via a hand crank, similar to a door on its hinges. Casement windows are easy to open and ideal for tight spaces above kitchen sinks or appliances.
- Sliding windows function similarly to sliding glass doors. They glide horizontally and overlap when open, making them useful in rooms with limited space or areas where it’s difficult to open or close a window.
- Bay/bow windows arch past the home’s exterior to form a nook perfect for dining, reading, or relaxing. Bay windows typically feature a picture window flanked by casement windows, while bow windows often have all casement windows.
- Picture windows are large, stationary openings unobstructed by grids. These windows are perfect for rooms with lots of natural light or stunning views.
- Garden windows protrude past the home’s wall to form a small greenhouse structure. These windows are excellent for home gardeners seeking a sunny nook for herb-growing and plant propagation.
- Glass block windows consist of thick glass sections that allow natural light to pour into spaces while providing a layer of security. These windows are great for bathrooms and street-facing bedrooms that need extra privacy without sacrificing light.
- Shaped windows are Champion’s specialty options in ellipse, half-round, round, and trapezoid designs. These windows are ideal for unique interior design needs and nontraditional spaces.
Window Collections & Customization Options
Champion offers several exclusive customization options for its window products. These color, glass, and grid options allow you to personalize your new windows to achieve the look and functionality you need without sacrificing durability and ease of maintenance.
ColorBond® Exterior Designer Colors
Champion offers its patented ColorBond® Exterior Designer Colors for each window style. The finish consists of high-performing EPA-compliant pigment with heat-reflecting technology for optimal energy efficiency. Each of Champion’s seven ColorBond® colors is nontoxic and odorless, giving you vibrant hues without potential hazards to your home and family.
ColorBond® exteriors are available in tan, white, adobe, bronze, colonial blue, pebble, and black finishes.
TimberBond® Interior Wood Grain Finish
Champion’s TimberBond® Interior Wood Grain Finish enhances windows with a custom hardwood coating. Each finish bonds with Champion’s vinyl windows permanently to produce a maintenance-free, energy-efficient frame. The coatings are extremely durable, heat-reflective, and fade-resistant to form stylish, long-lasting windows for your home.
TimberBond® interiors are available in cherrywood, dark oak, and English oak finishes.
Champion offers several grid patterns to help customers design their ideal windows. Grids insert between the glass panes to simplify cleaning and maintenance.
You can choose from the following options when customizing your Champion windows:
- Colonial: Crisscrossing grids that form smaller square-shaped window sections.
- Diamond: Diagonally placed grids that cross to form diamond-shaped sections.
- No grid: A gridless design in which the glass is unobstructed by frames.
- Open Prairie: Grids are close to the framing on one half of the window to produce a large piece of uninterrupted glass.
- Prairie: Grids are close to the framing, producing a large piece of uninterrupted glass; functions as a second frame close to the window’s perimeter.
Privacy Glass Options
You can select one of Champion’s privacy glass options when designing your custom windows. These glass products are ideal for bathrooms or patio areas needing additional security. Like glass block windows, privacy glass allows light flow without being completely see-through.
Champion’s Rain glass features deep grooves that resemble water streaking down a window. The Obscure glass style distorts views across the panes for ultimate texture and added privacy.
Champion Windows Energy Efficiency
Champion’s energy-efficient windows feature the company’s patented Comfort 365® Glass. This specialized glass has low-emissivity (Low-E) coatings and argon gas fills for enhanced insulation.
Champion’s glass is Energy Star and American Architectural Manufacturers Association-certified, which are solid indicators of its performance and efficiency. Energy Star-rated windows have the potential to decrease your monthly energy bills and carbon footprint.
You’ll also avoid the hassle of uncomfortable indoor temperatures affected by your outdoor climate. According to Champion’s website, Comfort 365® glazing blocks 94% of UV rays, keeping your home cool during hot summer weather and warm during frigid winter temps.
Other energy-efficient features of Champion windows include:
- Air-tight meeting rails to reduce air leaks and drafts.
- Foam-enhanced framing for additional insulation.
- Weather-proofing composite lock to keep moisture out with a watertight seal.
- Triple weatherstripping to reinforce frame insulation and prevent moisture damage.
- Insulated pocket sill to provide enhanced protection against drafts and break-ins.
Wondering how much you can save with Champion’s energy-efficient windows? Check out the company’s Energy Savings Worksheet to calculate your potential return on investment.
Champion Windows Prices
Champion’s windows generally cost between $600 and $900 per window for standard vinyl replacements. With installation fees, this cost might be closer to the $700–$1,200 range.
Like many window companies, Champion doesn’t provide exact price information on its website. Instead, it notates prices on a scale of $ to $$$$. Picture windows have the lowest price of $, whereas bay windows receive $$$$.
While Champion windows typically cost around $600–$900 per installed window, your specific costs will depend on your location, window style, and customizations. The best way to get an accurate quote for your project is to schedule a free consultation with the company.
Champion manufactures, sells, and installs its windows, which means there’s less markup between providers. According to the brand’s official website, installation costs are included in the free quote you receive at the consultation, so you’ll be less likely to encounter additional fees, or upcharges come payday.
Champion’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
Windows are a lofty investment that you want solid coverage for should defects arise. Champion backs its products with a Limited Lifetime Warranty that covers installation, labor, parts, and materials for as long as the original buyer owns the home. This means that if any components of your Champion products break, you might be able to receive free repairs or replacements to bring them back up to standard.
To learn more about specific warranties, provisions, and limitations, call Champion’s Customer Care Line.
Champion Windows Installation Process
Window installation processes vary from company to company. Champion takes pride in its full-service window replacement process, which includes the following steps:
- Greeting and Walkthrough: Your Champion installation technician will greet you and walk you through the installation process before starting.
- Area Preparation: The installer will prepare your home for window installation by laying drop cloths and other protective materials.
- Opening Cleaning and Prep: The technician will remove your old windows and inspect the area for pre-replacement repair needs.
- Frame Sealing and Insulation: After installing your new Champion windows, the technician will seal and insulate the framing to ensure maximum energy efficiency and weather protection.
- Cleanup and Disposal: The installer will clean up their project area, disposing of old windows and removing dust and debris.
- Verification and Q&A: Your technician will conduct a final inspection of their work, answering any questions or concerns you have about your brand-new windows.
Watch this video for more insight into the Champion Windows installation process:
Champion Windows Availability
Champion has locations in 25 states with showrooms in various cities nationwide. Not all locations have showrooms, so you should research your local Champion store to ensure you can view products. Champion typically serves areas within 60-mile radiuses of its physical stores, which are located in:
- North Carolina
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
Champion Windows Reviews
Champion has a 3.9 out of five-star customer rating with the BBB and Trustpilot as of February 2023. The company responds directly to 60% of negative Trustpilot reviews, often in under a week. It offers unsatisfied customers a company contact to reach for further support.
Many five-star reviews note Champion’s excellent customer service for consultation and installation support. Buyers express satisfaction with Champion’s installation crews and salespeople throughout the window replacement process. Here are some of the positive reviews we found:
While many customers rave about Champion’s customer service, others aren’t so pleased. The company’s BBB profile currently contains an alert stating that Champion customers report slow response times, unreturned calls, and lengthy project timelines.
Here are some real reviews that suggest Champion’s service and punctuality have room for improvement:
Compare Champion Windows to Competition
|Champion||Renewal by Andersen||Window Nation||Universal Windows Direct||Window World||Castle Windows|
|Average Price Per Window||600+||$1,200+||$550+||$350+||$550+||$550+|
|Offers Custom Financing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty||20-year glass/parts warranty||Lifetime Plus Warranty||True Lifetime Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty||Lifetime Warranty|
Final Thoughts: Is Champion Windows Worth it?
Our in-depth review of Champion Windows suggests that this is one of the best window companies on the market. With decades of experience and a solid product selection, Champion can provide the windows and expertise you need for a seamless home improvement experience.
We strongly suggest exploring customer reviews before committing to any window company. We listed some verified reviews in this article, but you’ll find more information about a company’s reputation by diving into customer comments on Google, Yelp, Trustpilot, and the BBB.
Schedule a free estimate with a Champion representative to learn more about your cost, financing, and product options.
FAQs about Champion Windows
Where Are Champion Windows Made?
Champion designs and manufactures all its windows at the company’s 260,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Cincinnati, Ohio. Three hundred employees make, test, and ship Champion’s custom products at this location.
Does Champion Offer Discounts?
Champion offers solid window discounts. The company currently has a “Buy 2 Windows, Get 2 Free” deal that allows customers to get four windows at half price. The offer applies to all window styles in white, minus double-hung models. Champion offers customers access to its Yes! Program, which provides 10% off the quoted price at consultation appointments.
Champion also has promotional pricing for its siding, door, and sunroom products, which you can explore on the company’s Promotions page
Is Champion Windows a Reputable Company?
Customers and industry professionals generally regard Champion as a reputable company with high-quality products. Champion isn’t BBB-accredited, which may be a drawback for customers seeking reliable customer service and industry recognition.
However, Champion maintains high customer satisfaction ratings on the BBB website and Trustpilot, which points to mainly positive customer experiences. Another factor to consider is Champion’s long-standing industry presence of over 60 years, which suggests the company is doing something right.
How Long Do Champion Windows Last?
High-quality vinyl windows like Champion’s generally last between 20 and 40 years with routine maintenance. If your Champion windows break or fail during that life span, and you’re still the home’s owner, Champion’s Limited Lifetime Warranty will cover repair or replacement needs at no cost.
What Are Champion Windows Made Of?
Champion windows consist of high-quality vinyl framing. Champion advertises its windows as 100% free of wood or composite fillers for the strongest vinyl material, designed to resist cracks, rotting, warping, and fading.
Methodology: How We Evaluated Champion Against Our Review Standards
At Today’s Homeowner, we strive to bring you the most transparent, accurate information for your home improvement projects. Our window company ratings emphasize what matters most to you — a wide range of well-designed products with reliable installation and great curb appeal.
Our ratings are based on publicly available information about each company, secret shopping online and over the phone, customer-review analysis, and discussions with renovation and building experts. A company can earn a maximum of 100 points across five categories, converted to a five-star scale. We researched dozens of windows installation and replacement companies to develop the following formula:
- Product Offerings (40 points): Window installers can earn the maximum point value in this category if they offer a wide variety of window styles, frame materials, hardware designs, and glass and coating options. Companies earn more points if they design custom windows for your home. We also score the quality and energy efficiency of the windows each company installs.
- Service Offerings (10 points): When evaluating this category, we consider factors such as consultations, post-installation cleanup, and additional product offerings. We also look at each company's installation team structure – including whether it uses certified window installers or subcontractors to complete work – as this can cause variances in quality.
- Affordability (25 points): Our affordability rating considers the provider’s average window prices and how they align with industry averages, as well as discounts and payment plans.
- Warranty and Support (10 points): A best-in-class window installer will back up its work with a solid warranty to give you added peace of mind. Companies receive the maximum point value in this category if they offer lifetime warranties for their products and workmanship.
- Company Reputation (15 points): To ensure we’re recommending worthwhile installers, we check each company’s reputation and standing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). We also consider how many years of experience it has in the window industry.
We monitor company data on an ongoing basis to keep rankings and information up to date.