Giving walls a textured old world finish has become very popular over the past several years because of its warm inviting feel. It’s easier to achieve than you may think.
Here’s how to apply a textured old world finish to your walls:
- Begin by painting a base coat on the walls in the color of your choice and allow it to dry.
- Mix up glazing of the color desired to apply over the base coat. Water based glaze is recommended for walls since it dries faster than oil based glaze.
- Cover a small area on the wall with the glaze using a roller.
- Blot the wet glaze with a sheepskin pad to texture the wall surface.
- Repeat these steps to cover an entire wall.
Watch this video to find out more.
Danny Lipford is a home improvement expert and television personality who started his remodeling business, Lipford Construction, at the age of 21 in Mobile, Alabama. He gained national recognition as the host of the nationally syndicated television show, Today's Homeowner with Danny Lipford, which started as a small cable show in Mobile. Danny's expertise in home improvement has also led him to be a contributor to popular magazines and websites and the go-to source for advice on everything related to the home. He has made over 200 national television appearances and served as the home improvement expert for CBS's The Early Show and The Weather Channel for over a decade. Danny is also the founder of 3 Echoes Content Studio, TodaysHomeowner.com, and Checking In With Chelsea, a décor and lifestyle blog.
Comments are closed.