Porcelain and ceramic tile are durable materials that are often used on floors and walls in bathrooms and kitchens. When purchasing tile for your home, it’s important to consider:
- Tile Location: Where you plan on installing the tile affects the size and type of tile you choose.
- Tile Style: Tile can come in many different colors and textures. Patterns are also available with either straight or rippled edges.
- Tile Type: The two main types of tile are porcelain and ceramic. Porcelain is a little more expensive is more durable and features color throughout so chips and scratches won’t show up as easily. While ceramic tile is less expensive, the color is only on the surface, making it not as attractive when used on corners and edges.
- Tile Design: Different sizes and patterns of tile can be combined together to create a unique for your wall or floor.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Choose Tile for Your Bathroom (video)
- Ceramic vs. Porcelain Tile (video)
- How to Lay a Tile Floor (article)