Installing new kitchen cabinets and countertops is the most exciting and rewarding part of a kitchen renovation, but it’s important to make sure the cabinets are installed correctly.
When installing kitchen cabinets in your home:
- Install the hanging corner cabinet first in an “L” shaped kitchen.
- Next, align and level the hanging cabinets on each side of the corner cabinet.
- Use screws to attach kitchen cabinets to the wall studs and adjoining cabinets.
- If the finished floor doesn’t extend under the cabinets, attach blocks to the bottom of the base cabinets to raise them flush with the finished floor.
- Since sink cabinets are prone to moisture problems, consider one with polymer sides and bottom, such as CoreGuard sink cabinets from Merillat.
Watch this video to find out more.