Before building a garden shed or workshop in your yard, decide on the answers to these questions:
- How big should the shed be: Be sure the shed you build is large enough to store everything you plan to put in it, including longer items like ladders and lumber.
- Should the design of a shed match the house: A common misconception is that the shed design should always mirror the look of the house. While duplicating the design of the house is fine, you can also build a shed in a totally different style to compliment your house instead of matching it.
- Where should a shed be built: A shed can be built close to a house for convenience and to make running power and water easier, or hidden away near the back of the lot to make the shed less obvious.
Watch this video to find out more.
- What to Consider When Building a Storage Shed in Your Yard (video)
- How to Assemble a Storage Shed in Your Yard (video)
- Designing and Building a Storage Shed (article/video)