There are several nontraditional roofing materials available today that are durable, attractive, and can enhance the architectural styling of the home. They include:
- Synthetic Slate: Made from a plastic polymer material with the look of slate or wood shakes, synthetic roofing, such as that from DaVinci Roofscapes, is wind, fire, and impact resistant, and carries a 50-year warranty.
- Metal Roofing: New styles of metal roofing, such as those from Decra Roofing Systems, are made to resemble traditional asphalt shingles, wood shakes, or tile. The interlocking panels are screwed down, allowing the roofing to resist winds up to 120 mph. In addition metal shingle roofs are fire and impact resistant and also come with a 50-year warranty.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Choose a Roof for Your Home (article)
- New Roof: How to Hire a Roofer (article)
- How to Clean and Inspect Your Roof (video)
- How to Repair the Roof on Your Home (video)