Having and using a kitchen range hood that’s properly vented to the outside is important to take excess heat, moisture, and pollutants from cooking out of your home.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Advantages of Kitchen Range Hoods Over Microwaves (video)
- How to Choose a Range Hood (article)
- How to Calculate Kitchen Range Hood Fan Size (article)
- How to Replace a Range Hood (video)
- Importance of Versatile Lighting in a Room (video)
If you view your range hood as simply a convenience that keeps your home from smelling like last night’s dinner, you’re missing most of its importance. Recent studies have found that cooking releases some of the same pollutants found in smog, especially if you’re using a gas stove.
Obviously that can’t be good for your health and you can’t stop eating, but the solution is a simple one. Make sure you have a good range hood that’s vented to the outside, and use it anytime you cook—with the fan on the highest setting.