Replacing the hardware on your cabinets is an inexpensive, easy to do DIY project that can make a big difference in the appearance of your kitchen. Here’s how to go about it:
- Remove one of the cabinet doors, and unscrew the hinges and handle.
- Take a handle and hinge with you to the home center to match the size, hinge overlay, and screw spacing with the new hardware.
- Use a screwdriver or a cordless drill driver to remove the existing hardware from the cabinet doors and drawers.
- Screw the new hardware on the cabinet doors and drawers.
- Rehang the cabinet doors by screwing the hinges to the cabinet frames.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Give Your Kitchen a Facelift (article)
- Kitchen Cabinet Upgrade (video)
- How to Install Kitchen Cabinet Doors (video)
- How to Adjust Concealed Kitchen Cabinet Hinges (video)