Garden hoses often develop leaks over time. Rather than throwing the hose out, repair it by cutting out the damaged part and joining the two pieces back together using a repair kit.
To repair a leak in a garden hose:
- Purchase a hose repair kit, consisting of a connector sleeve and two couplings, that is the proper diameter for your garden hose.
- Find the leak in the hose, and soak that part of the hose in hot water to make it more pliable.
- Use a pair of garden shears or a utility knife to cut out the bad section of hose.
- Slip the repair kit couplings on each of the pieces of hose.
- Work the connector sleeve into both ends of the hose.
- Slide the two couplings on the connector sleeve and use a screwdriver to tighten up the screws.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Repair a Broken Garden Hose (article)
- Never Kink Garden Hose for Your Yard (video)
- Water Right Lead-Free Garden Hose Product Review (article)