Indentations in carpet usually result when furniture has been moved.
To remove carpet indentations:
- Place a damp cloth over the indentation.
- Apply a hot clothes iron to the cloth.
- Remove the cloth and use a spoon to fluff up the carpet.
- Repeat the process until the indentation goes away.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Spot Clean Carpet (video)
- How to Fix Squeaks Under Carpeting (video)
- Remove Wrinkles and Puckers from Carpet (article)
Danny Lipford: Diane wants to know, “Our carpet has indentations in it. Can it be repaired?”
Yes, that’s a real common problem. When people decide to rearrange their furniture a bit, you’re left with those indentations from maybe the legs of a sofa.
Here’s how you get rid of those indentations. First of all, take a damp hand cloth, and put it directly over the indentation. Then use a steam iron and heat that towel up. Then after a few seconds, pull it back and use a spoon to fluff up the fibers of the carpet.
A little more steam heat, a little more fluffing, then finish it off with a vacuum to really make everything look nice and consistent.
That way, no one will ever know that you rearranged your furniture!