A climbing rose vine looks great on the side of a home, but if you don’t know how to prune and care for it properly, you could stunt the plant’s growth or kill it. Here are a few tips to keep your rose vine healthy:
- Don’t prune a climbing rose all the way back, since it will kill the plant.
- Prune a climbing rose around February, before the growing season starts.
- Prune off lateral branches and last year’s growth on climbing roses to promote new growth.
- Shape the outer branches of a climbing rose to train it to grow against the wall or other surface and promote vertical growth.
- Remove rose hips from last year’s growth, and use the seeds to grow new climbing rose vines.
Watch this video to find out more.