Cleaning and preparation are very important steps when painting the walls and trim in your home. Here’s how to go about it:
- Take a clean, damp cloth and wipe off any dust or dirt.
- Use mild soap and water to remove grease or hard to clean dirt.
- Apply a stain blocking primer to stains that weren’t removed by cleaning.
- Prime over old oil-based paint before applying latex paint.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Painting Kitchen Cabinets: How to do it the Right Way
- Chelsea’s Ranch Revival Shopping Guide
- Making a Small, Outdated Bathroom Look Fabulous