Spending time deciding what you would like in your kitchen and how you want it to look is the first step in a successful kitchen renovation. Next comes figuring out how much you can afford to spend on the project and making a budget that fits your income.
Kitchen Renovation Inspiration Tips
Inspiration for your kitchen remodel can come from:
- Kitchen showrooms
- Visiting kitchens in friends homes
- Attending a Parade of Homes
Concentrate on getting the big decisions – such as cabinets and countertops – right, since they will be with you for a long time.
Kitchen Renovation Budget Tips
Establish a budget based on:
- What you can afford to spend on your kitchen remodel.
- Be sure to allow for any cost overruns and unexpected expenses.
- Don’t spend so much on your kitchen renovation that your house will be overpriced for your neighborhood should you decide to sell.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Kitchen Renovations (video)
- How to Remodel a Kitchen on a Budget (video)
- Upgrading the Kitchen in Your Home (video)
- Remodeling the Kitchen in Your Home (video)