To patch a hole in a wood floor left by the removal of a floor furnace grate – such as we had in the Kuppersmith Project house – start by installing floor joists across the opening, followed by a subfloor, felt paper, and flooring. Here’s how to go about patching a wood floor in your home.
Once the gas line had been disconnected, and the old gas floor furnace taken out:
- Sand and Refinish Floor: Sand and refinish the floor so the old and new flooring match.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Heart Pine Flooring for the Kuppersmith Project House (video)
- Installing Heart Pine Flooring in Kuppersmith Project (video)
- Heart Pine from the Kuppersmith Project House (video)
- Problems Sanding and Refinishing Heart Pine Floors (article)
- How to Refinish Wood Floors (video/article)
- How to Choose and Install Wood Floors in Your Home (video)