Painting an old wicker chair is an easy DIY project that can breathe new life into old furniture. Here’s how to go about it.
- Use an air compressor to blow off all the dirt and dust from the cracks between the caning.
- Scrub the chair down with denatured alcohol to clean the surface.
- Use a hot glue gun to reattach any loose caning.
- Apply several light coats of spray paint to the chair.
- Make sure the paint has dried completely before using the chair. Directing a fan on the chair for a few hours will help speed up the drying process.
- Save any leftover paint to use for touch-up later.