A stop block works great for making repetitive cuts of the same length on a power miter saw. You can also use a stop block to gang cut several pieces at the same time. Here’s how:
- Clamp a square cut scrap of 1/2″ plywood to the miter saw fence.
- Place a carpenter’s square on the miter saw table, and carefully align the fence so it’s square with the table.
- Stake several pieces of stock on the miter saw table, making sure they’re all in contact with the stop block.
- Hold the stock firmly against the miter saw fence.
- Turn on the miter saw and cut through all the pieces of stock at the same time.