To attach preassembled fence panels to fence posts:
- Make sure the panels are positioned at the proper height on the posts so the fence rails (stringers) align with the posts and the fence is level and straight.
- Attach the rails to the posts using two #10 hot dipped galvanized casing nails per rail. A nail gun can also be used if corrosion resistant nails are used.
- Support the back of each post with a sledge hammer or other heavy object to keep the post steady while nailing the rails.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Choosing the Right Fence (article)
- Fences: Surrounding Your Surroundings (article)
- Installing a Fence (article)