A solid wood ceiling can give your home a unique look, but there are some things you need to know when considering this option.
- Installation of a wood ceiling is labor intensive which results in higher costs than a drywall ceiling.
- Wood ceilings can be either painted or stained to give the room a different look.
- Each board in a wood ceiling must be individually cut, fit, and nailed in place.
- Solid wood lumber can warp and may take some work to achieve a tight fit.
- Prefinished, simulated wood ceilings are available that are easier to install than wood.
Watch this video to find out more.