Installing a peephole in an entry door is a great way to improve the security in your home. Here are some tips to keep in mind when installing a peephole in your door:
- Peephole Height: When installing a peephole in an entry door, make sure to position it at the right height for whoever will be using it. You can also install a second peephole lower on the door for children to use. Measure exactly where you want it, then use the right size drill bit.
- Drilling Hole for Peephole: To prevent tear out, don’t drill all the way through the door. Instead, drill the hole until the drill bit is visible on the other side, then finish drilling the hole from the other side.
- Installing a Peephole: Unscrew the two halves of the peephole. Insert the inside half through the hole on the inside of the door, and the outside half through the hole on the outside of the door. Screw the two halves tightly together.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Make Your Home Secure from Burglary and Break-In (article)
- How to Choose a Deadbolt Lock for Your Door (video)
- Buying and Reinforcing Deadbolt Door Locks (article)